General Flash Fiction posted September 9, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
150 words

The Second Coming...Entry Denied

by Spiritual Echo

Flash Fiction Contest Winner 

The immigration officer, nearing the end of his shift, was functioning on auto-pilot, thinking about the cold beer he'd enjoy when he got back home. He was getting sloppy, rubber-stamping documents with a minimum amount of fuss when a Syrian passport slid across the counter.

"How'd you get a boarding pass?" He looked up, not surprised by the robes the passenger wore, but noted the free-flowing hair, usually hidden by Arabs under turbans. "You're on the restricted list. You're not welcome in America."

"I came by invitation, in answer to prayers."

"Right. We already have someone in the White House who said the same thing. Entry denied!"

Despite the man's gentle protests, he processed the passenger for deportation.

"The guy thinks he's Jesus," he told his supervisor. "He doesn't even have blue eyes."

Laughing, the officials missed the passenger's final words.

"Forgive them, Father. They know not what they've done."







 



Flash Fiction
Contest Winner

Recognized


Many pictures depict Christ as a white-skinned man with blue eyes--highly unlikely, given his earthly heritage. We have bombed and destroyed the very villages and countries where Jesus may have walked, but if he showed up at the airport, would we recognize him?

PLEASE NOTE: My word document showed 150 words, but I added a single word to agree with FS advanced editor that NOW shows the word count as 150
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Bickston at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.