General Fiction posted September 3, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Love finds a way to remove broken things

Accident Relief

by Deniz22


My brother and I were playing at Grammy's house, inside because it was pouring outside.


"Playing" for us as teens was a 24 hour wrestling match, only interrupted by food, more food, enforced rest periods, more food.



On this day, Grammy was napping upstairs, so our wrestling arena had expanded into the parlor.

It was I who opened this new extension, in a desperate move to escape big brother's taking liberties with my reddening ears and tortured limbs.

Crash! Grammy's beautiful Pierpont vase lay in 2 pieces before our horrified eyes.

Disaster makes for strange brotherhoods! As we glued the pieces together, a bonding as crude as that of the vase pieces began with my brother and me.

To our immense relief, Grammy, later in the week, accidentally broke the vase herself!

How sweet to no longer dread being discovered and how fortuitous her accident.

But was it an accident?



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


1 Peter 4:8 New Life Version (NLV)

Most of all, have a true love for each other. Love covers many sins.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.