Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted August 12, 2018 Chapters: Prologue -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
free verse

A chapter in the book Paper Dolls and Toy Soldiers

More Delicate Than the Wind

by michaelcahill

Your Best Poem-Any Style Contest Winner 
butterflysnow1
 
I was once
a trusting child
               awaiting
                   a butterfly



                                              
or a tornado on the horizon.



I dug a cellar underground to escape my fury; a safe place to weather the storm; a place to gather knowledge; the wisdom to respect destruction. I'd laugh hearing armageddon explode above my shelter, underground, for I have dominion over the tornado, I alone.


When the winds and fury died, I surfaced to survey the aftermath. Death and decay met me. Yet, the tornado underestimated my resolve. I'd rebuild towers and replant crops, and defy the tornado's destruction, I alone.
 
                                
I sit on the stump of the old oak, surveying its fallen branches ... a butterfly joins me--

 

I am ancient
knowing nothing
          eyes, the colour of regret
                      waiting for a butterfly
                                 stronger than the wind








 


Writing Prompt
Write a poem in any style known or unknown, sonnet, free verse, prose poem, haiku or some concoction you've dreamed up. Whatever you call a poem in this case IS a poem. I'm the monitor. :))

Your presentation is up to your imagination.

That's it. No other rules.

Your Best Poem-Any Style
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.