General Fiction posted July 19, 2018


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Inspirations

Cindy and her sisters

by zanya


Bella brushed her flaxen locks. Bellisima preened before the mirror.
"Cindy," Bellisima began,"Ryan's having a party tomorrow night at his place. Ryan's such a cool guy. I intend to make him notice me".
"No ," Bella retorted, "Ryan loves me".

Cindy felt pangs of jealousy. She wished she could find a way to attract a handsome man.
Cindy had no hope of going to Ryan's party. She wasn't beautiful like the two stepsisters. Her hair was mousey and her skin was pale.

Stepmother charged into the room.

"Bellisima, find your tightest jeans for the party".
"Cindy ", stepmother shouted " can you sew Bellisima's jeans a little tighter on the bum?"

Cindy was gifted with needle craft, always sewing and mending for the two stepsisters. She felt angry.

Saturday dawned and the stepsisters travelled in a pink limo to Ryan's penthouse.

Suddenly Cindy remembered the video she had watched on her phone on Youtube: 'How to achieve your goal".

She scrolled down on her cheap Gansung phone. Despite the cracked glass she could hear the audio.
The disembodied voice repeated over and over:
Take a deep breath...exhale.
Visualise your personal goal..

Cindy visualised herself at Ryan's party, talking and laughing.
She hailed a taxi from her Ruber account- there was still some money from last month.

Cindy raced upstairs, repeating to herself.." I am at Ryan's party"
Grabbing her blue  dress from her school debs and coiffing her mousey curls, she raced for the taxi.

Soon she was standing outside Ryan's door.
A young man opened it.
She repeated her mantra.

Soon Ryan spotted her.
"Wanna dance?" Ryan asked.
The pair laughed and chatted their way through the evening.

Prettied up girls looked on enviously.

Midnight struck. Cindy knew she had to be home before the stepsisters.
Rushing out she dropped her shiny pink purse.
Ryan stared after her.
Glancing down he noticed her purse.
A card fell out. Cindy Greenwood.

Next day Cindy's phone rang.
"Hi Cindy..Ryan here..shame you left the party early..can we meet for a soda later?"
Cindy's heart danced.

The stepsisters scowled. The stepmother fumed.


 



Inspirations writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take a classic fairy tale (it doesn't have to be well known), and write a story based on the plot. It does not have to strictly adhere to the original plot.


Image from Google Images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.