General Fiction posted July 14, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flash Fiction 150 words

Win or Lose

by miajaffri


Since the lottery was the highest pay out ever, Karen stopped to buy her first ticket. I waited in the car. I knew there wasn't a chance in a million either of us would win.

"Come on," she urged before slamming the car door.

"Not for me," I answered while turning on my cell phone to check my messages.

There were two voice mails from Gran. "Sara, don't forget my ticket," she echoed in my ear.

Moaning, I unfasted my seatbelt and made my way into the mini-mart to a long line of anxious, hopeful winners. I tucked Gran's ticket in my jeans pocket and met Karen at the car.

When I saw the winning number in the morning newspaper, I reached for the ticket. There it was. The winning numbers printed on Gran's ticket. My hands trembled. My eyes blurred. My thoughts raced. Does Gran ever have to know?



Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. miajaffri All rights reserved.
miajaffri has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.