Romance Fiction posted July 7, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A forbidden love is a secret known to God.

The Secret

by Brigitte Elko

A Deep Secret Contest Winner 
The secret is carried and buried in our hearts. The love that eases our stale minds as we think of moments shared, not carnal events but soul bending talks.

We have always been there for each other, come hell or high water. With tied hands, we shared intently all our dreams and woes. The sorrow in your eyes stays with me; it was sown by the inability to swoop me away to better times. My eyes, you behold, as being dimmed by unfulfilled dreams.

We are two committed people, you to God and me to a husband. Vows are promises made and are binding forever. Shackles of choices made are a part of us. The "us" that will never be known by others. An undying love is our secret hidden behind my wedding ring and your starched clerical collar. Shh...we'll never tell.

God hears us as we whisper in unison," Lead us not into temptation..."


Writing Prompt
The topic for this writing contest is: a deep secret. Share a story based on the topic.

A Deep Secret
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.