General Fiction posted May 26, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A man at the end of his ropes

Enough is Enough

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

He loved his family, and was trying real hard to provided for them. The economy and job market was making it hard for him to do. The fact that his wife had to work and was working full time effected him more than he would like. He thought to himself, I am not much of a man if I'm being taken care of by my wife. I'm the one who is suppose to be taking care of her and the children. What kind of example am I showing my son, when his father is working only part time, and his mother is working all the time to pay the bills.

He continues to look for a full time job that pays well , and he can be the man again. He goes out on interview after interview, and is given the same two answers. He is either overqualified or under-qualified for the job. The pressure, the stress, and the depression grows, and grows. The breaking point comes closer and closer. He comes to a point he can't take it anymore,and drives his car into a brick wall and the note in the glove compartment says, "I love you all, but enough is enough."




Just a quick writing I had jotted down one day. I always love the feed back.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.