General Fiction posted May 23, 2018 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A source of unhappiness.

A chapter in the book A Life In Your Pocket

A House Isn't Always A Home

by Heather Knight




Background
This is the story of Poppy's life and her parents, Barb and John. Poppy is just a little baby at the moment, but her life is about to change...
Barb didn't like their house. She hated living so far from the city centre and the fact that there were hardly any shops in their neighbourhood.

John, however, thought the yellow door and the sloping roof created a charming effect.

When people came to visit them, they always commented on the tasteful decor.

'Yes, Barb has great taste. She's chosen all the furniture herself,' John told them.

Nobody would have suspected how many fights they had when discussing the money she spent on new curtains and the velvety living room sofa.

Money they didn't have, as Barb didn't work anymore.



Recognized


Main characters (so far):
- Poppy
- Barb: her mother
- John: her father
- Pat: John's first girlfriend
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.