Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted May 21, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Bees in the US are becoming extinct

Food on Earth

by Pamusart

There's spring in the forest; industrious bees
go looking for pollen in late summer breeze.
They process uniquely by each her own way.
and feel so contented this mellow spring day
With honey replenished, the bees feed new broods
but, for their own queens, they'll reserve royal food.
The lovely spring breeze will have pesticide spores.
The trees will recover, but, bees are in wars.

Their war's for survival and they cannot win
as long as the poison gets under their skin.
Some chemicals banned in the rest of the West
will limit the crop yields; as we've failed the test.
We're needed right now; and, we have to fight back
or our only food will be dried up hard tack.
The bees have the job to create food on earth.
Why would we desire to prevent food's rebirth?



Recognized


Our pollinators are going extinct because we are poisoning them. Without bees, who will pollinate our food and the beauty of gardens? This link has the outlook for them. Also, many chemicals banned in the U.K. and Europe are still slaughtering bees in the US.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/widely-used-pesticide-is-a-buzzkill-for-honeybees/

It is only females who go out and collect pollen. Hence by each HER own way. The males stay in the hive servicing the queen and caring for the larvae. Only the queen bears young. The queens eat what is called Royal Honey. Only the queens. Queens start out like any other female bee. But, when a new queen is needed, two female larvae will be fed on royal honey. They grow enormous. And both are queens. One has to kill the other. The victor is the new queen.

Thank you for reading my poem

I found the lovely photo on the internet
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Pamusart All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Pamusart has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.