General Fiction posted May 20, 2018 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Her husband dies and she is trying to find justice for him

A chapter in the book Redemption

Justice to be served

by SLMorrical


I had my chance for justice, but it is a little too late. He is gone and no one can bring him back. I want them to be accountable for what they did to him, but the legal system would just be on their side, and not give the proper punishment they deserve. They drove him to this; it was them that killed him not the heart attack. It was their constant badgering and bullying that killed him.

He was strong and even the strongest man can only take so much. He didn't lash out at them because of me. He wanted to ensure I didn't get any backlash or problems from it. I always told him everything will be good with faith and patience, but it wasn't so in this case.

My husband deserves retribution, and I will find a way for him to get it. I am polite to them with their condolences, and all I want to do is yell, "You killed him, all of you." I just say thank you when they say how sorry they are for my loss. Yeah, you're sorry alright, but just wait and see how sorry you're going to be. How can I be that confident they will be sorry? My husband made sure they would pay for what they did to him.

Not many people know my husband Lance and I are Wicca and we never used any spells on anyone. We always believed whatever you send out will come back to you three times more. Well, Lance apparently knew he would have to give karma some help because the stress at that job would probably kill him.

The day after he died, I was so grief-stricken I had to go into his office, so I could get a sense of him. I was looking through his stuff and found his journals. I never knew he'd written any journals. Reading his written words gave me an emotional familiarity with him, and then I came across something that surprised me.

Lance had written a spell for bringing a soul back for vengeance. Now there will be redemption, but I will have to wait. I have to let some time pass; I can't be implicated in whatever happens to them. I can't even express my hatred or believe they killed him. I have to be quiet and not say a word. This will be the hardest thing for me to do because they killed Lance.

I wanted to take judicial action on them and give them what they deserved. He wouldn't allow it. He always protected me and kept me safe, and he said if I took the action I wanted to take it would hurt us. I did nothing, and it hurt him. I lost the best friend and lover I ever had. I lost a piece of me. He always told me he would get his deliverance by maiming or killing them as they watch him do it. Now they will get his kind of judgment from the grave.



Recognized


Any input is welcomed. I enjoy all and any critique. I do like it when I get what is wrong, because it helps me become a better writer. Thank you all at FanStory
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.