Fantasy Fiction posted May 21, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
life is never dull

Melvin and Princess Meet a T-Rex

by mermaids


Melvin is bored as he stares out the big picture window of his house. He watches birds and squirrels eat and run around his yard. He owns everything according to his human, a lovely blond lady who develops artificial intelligence for NASA. In his boredom, Melvin wanders over to T-Rex, or Millie as she is called. Millie is the creation of Sara, the proud fur-parent of Melvin and Princess.
Millie is a small T-Rex about the size of a miniature poodle. She can growl like a dinosaur or how a dinosaur might growl. She also speaks and teaches thirty languages in addition to doing federal and state taxes. Melvin's fur-mom is always adjusting Millie and adding to her array of talent.

Princess is sitting in a window grooming herself and occasionally observing the wildlife in the yard. Unlike Melvin, she is not bored. She gazes over to Melvin who is batting the T-rex with his paw. He hits a button by accident and Millie starts to walk and growl. Melvin runs and hides but Princess just gives the dinosaur an annoying look. "Oh Melvin, can't you just take a nap or help me groom myself?!"

"I didn't know this creature would come alive!"

"Melvin, she is not alive, she is a machine! Mommy makes machines that appear real. She maybe mad when gets home and Millie is walking around and making noise. Make her stop!"

Melvin backs up, like he is being threatened.

"What do you mean, make her stop! You make her stop!"

Melvin runs under a sofa.

Princess ambles over to Millie and bats her side until she hits the button and the miniature T-rex stops suddenly. Princess strolls back to her spot in the window. She resumes grooming herself.

Melvin who is still bored, approaches the T-rex again and swats her face. She turns her head and growls at him. Melvin is unaware she can be turned on in a variety of ways. Millie starts to follow Melvin who again, hides under the sofa. Princess who is now attempting to take a nap, is now a real pissed off Persian puss. Melvin doesn't know who he is more afraid of, a T-rex or his housemate Princess.

Millie begins reciting poetry: woe, woe, woe
I am not a loser
just crying in cheap beer
life is so much better
with you near

I will get a job
so the bills will
be paid
let's live on love
we will have
it made

Princess has had enough and bats Millie in the face. The T-rex stops and appears to be gazing off in deep thought. Melvin who is hiding under the sofa comes out.

"Now what?" Princess has a scowl in her eyes.

"Stop it. Leave her alone. Mommy will be mad if you break her!"

"Break her! Are you kidding?! She is a monster with very little talent."

Princess licks her paw. "Mommy says Millie is a work in progress. She is going to do great things! Unless you destroy her!"

All of a sudden, the computer in the living room lights up and a confused digital voice speaks.

"We do not drink cheap beer. We do not know what beer is."

Melvin stares at the computer. "Oh.....kiss my whiskers......Princess, the machine contacted someone."

"See, you should leave Millie alone. She contacted some aliens in outer space."

Princess ambles to the computer. She punches in an apology with her paw. The voice accepts the apology and the computer shuts off. Both Persians climb up on the living room sofa.

Sara walks through the door and sees her creation in the middle of the room, staring at the ceiling. Both cats pretend to be asleep. Their human just shakes her head.






More adventures with Melvin and Princess.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.