General Fiction posted May 19, 2018 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Going Home

A chapter in the book A Life In Your Pocket

Real Life

by Heather Knight




Background
Barb has given birth to a baby girl: Poppy. She seems to be having trouble bonding with her new baby.
Three days after Poppy was born, the new family went back home.

Barb looked stunning in a loose dress she had made herself, even though she hadn't washed her hair ever since she arrived at the hospital.

John held her waist and she carried Poppy in her arms as if her daughter was a shopping bag containing a hunk of smelly cheese.

They got to their dented blue Vauxhall and drove in silence to their terraced house. Poppy wriggled, sensing she was not wanted, but she didn't cry.

In years to come, she'd realize her father was her only ally.



Recognized


This is the story of Poppy's life. It is written in 100-word chapters.
Main characters:
Poppy
Barb- her mother
John- her father
Pat- John's first girlfriend
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.