General Poetry posted May 8, 2018 Chapters:  ...126 127 -128- 129... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 5-7-5

A chapter in the book A Potpourri of Poetic Curiosities

Playing with fire

by CD Richards

was once a model
now American Shadrach
Melania Trump




Today's word: shadrach: (n.) someone standing close to a source of heat, who seems to be unaffected by it.

Shadrach is the name of a character in a Bible story involving King Nebuchadnezzar. The meaning is obvious after reading the story, which can be found in Daniel 3:13-30.

Melania Trump seems to be a perfect example of one who can 'stand next to fire', and yet remain largely unaffected by it. No more needs to be said about that.

Unfortunately, Melania seems to attract her own sort of trouble, reports surfacing in the last 24 hours of her again claiming credit for someone else's work. To me, it seems that the first lady could well be a great example of "grace under fire", and her mistakes simply due to naivety. Perhaps someone should take her aside and gently explain the concept of plagiarism.

Image: From the book "Bible Primer - Old Testament (1919)". According to the Library of Congress, there are no known copyright restrictions on this work.

Thanks for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. CD Richards All rights reserved.
CD Richards has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.