Fantasy Fiction posted May 7, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
sleep tight, it's probably something...

Niggling Doubts Do Be Wiggling

by Deniz22


"That's funny", he said as he struggled to his feet from the soft embrace of his cushy couch.


He walked across the room and flipped on the backyard flood light.




As he peered into the small, fenced in area, everything seemed entirely normal; the elephant was sleeping, the tiger lolling on a low hanging limb, and the python was wrapped around the trunk of the apple tree, resting its head in its fork.

Restless rabbits by the score scurried around, but surely they had not made the loud bang which had originally awakened him.

For a minute, he contemplated struggling into his boots and heavy parka to brave the snow and frigid cold outside and investigate more closely.

However one glance at the outside thermometer (110%), and he opted for the calico couch.

"Probably just my imagination", he assured himself, as he sank into the plump cushions.

BANG! BANG! BANG!



150 Words Flash Fiction contest entry


Just a little fun when the slippery imagination gets loose. :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.