Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted May 5, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A dialogue between me and my friend.

Two widows talking.

by robina1978

'How are you today?'

'I had an excellent day. My neighbour and I went to town in his car. I went to the King's market. We both did some shopping. This meant I did not have to carry a lot.'

'That sounds really nice. What did you all buy?'

'It is too much to mention it all.'

'Please tell me.'

'OK, and you start quickly.'

'I then ask you, if he is making advances towards you.'

'No, he is not. And I would not appreciate this at all.'

'Can I believe you?'

'Of course you can. I swear on the Bible it is the truth.'

'I kind of still doubt you.'

'But why, oh why? Have I not always been fair ad honest to you?'

'Yes, you always have done that. There is no reason at all not to believe you. And time will tell.'

We smile at each other.

'So I decide to trust and believe you totally.'

'I am relieved you do.
'
'Why are we at this grave yard?'

'It is where the ashes of Henk are. I'd like to share this with you.'

'I am so honoured with your request and will support you all the way.'

'You were not there at the time, as Robert was that ill. We discussed this then.'

'Robert died about three weeks later.'

'Now, when you come and visit me, I might ask you to listen to the recording I have of the service. But I am beginning to doubt if I want to spoil our precious time with this. I heard some people never listen.'

'I forgot to mention that since we both lost our hubbies, we phone once or twice a day.'

'That is certainly true and nice.'

'Mostly we don't discuss them so much. It can be almost everything.'

Shall we finish this dialogue now?'

'"Jointly: YES.'








Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


Many thanks to book lotto from Fanartreview.
Have I not always been fair ad (and) honest to you?' We smile at each other (don't put this in a dialogue only contest -- I've made this mistake before). 'Why are we at this grave yard (graveyard)?' 'You were not there at the time, as Robert was that ill. We discussed this then.' 'Robert died about three weeks later (you have these on separate lines but is it only one speaker? Then put them together.).' '"Jointly: YES. (Just the 'yes' don't put jointly unless they are saying it.)'

Also, I notice you use the quotes. I've made this error before. They don't want quotes around the speech.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.