General Poetry posted April 17, 2018 Chapters:  ...105 106 -107- 108... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A glimpse of the unobtainable

A chapter in the book A Potpourri of Poetic Curiosities

Pisgah

by CD Richards


From high above the trees and sand,

God's servant gazed for miles around.

He'd never walk the Promised Land;

interred, was he, on Moab's ground.


My Pisgah? To see love abound.



ABC Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized



Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Pisgah, across from Jericho. There the LORD showed him the whole land - from Gilead to Dan, all of Naphtali, the territory of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the Mediterranean Sea, the Negev and the whole region from the Valley of Jericho, the City of Palms, as far as Zoar. Then the LORD said to him, "This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, 'I will give it to your descendants.' I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not crossover into it." And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said.

- Deuteronomy 34: 1-5


Today's word: Pisgah (n.) a view or glimpse of something unattainable or unreachable.


Occasionally, I hear a story which makes me think there is hope for mankind. That possibly, selfishness and greed are not the prime motivators of our species. The illusion usually lasts only a few minutes before it is shattered by some new appalling example of humanity's inhumanity.

For this reason, a compassionate world is my personal Pisgah.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. CD Richards All rights reserved.
CD Richards has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.