General Fiction posted May 8, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
150 word flash fiction

Is the Night for Romance?

by frogbook


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Finally, the love of my life, my soul mate. We have not been apart since last week when we first met. I feel I will never tire of her touch, gazing into her eyes. I've memorized the map of her face, every freckle, the way her lips move when she says each word.

She has a unique, sweet laugh, a delight to the ear. Her eyes sparkle. She says she loves me, but I wonder if she could love me half as much as I do her.

Since we've met, time stopped, I've lost track of the day....

OH MY GOD, I've lost track of the day, more importantly the night. Good Lord, I see the full moon rising.

I CAN'T stop myself, my hands surround her neck, my teeth....

Dawn arrives. I wake, skin smooth and hairless again. I look down and I sob.
My one true love gone.






150 Words Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. frogbook All rights reserved.
frogbook has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.