General Fiction posted April 8, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Final Words Contest Entry

Bedside Manner

by Ogden


A woman is at her critically ill husband’s bedside in the hospital. Something has gone wrong with his oxygen mask, making it uncomfortable, and, with some effort, he gestures to her to do something. She fumbles with it, and the mask and tubing become detached, falling on him, the bed and the floor. Reflexively, the excited woman tries to reassemble everything, wasting precious time. Meanwhile, the old man is struggling to breathe, feebly motioning, in distress. When she notices this, she quicky bends, putting her ear to his mouth, and hears his final words, “Call…the…fuckin’ nurse.” 

 



Final Words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Your character is going to die within moments. What are the final words? Describe the circumstances of the pending death.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.