Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted March 7, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Cleave Poem

I Imagine White Tulips

by Mrs. KT

                                                              
I imagine -–  in my world
forgiveness of another -– when sincerely rendered 
has the potential to resolve
-– one's deepest
misunderstandings and regrets
-- "I'm sorry”
opens one’s heart
–- paves the way
nurtures one’s being
-- to believe once again
to celebrate the inherent possibilities
-– that goodness and honor
in the heart of man
-- still exist and will always prevail…
 

                                                <<<~~~>>>




I Imagine contest entry

Recognized


A CLEAVE POEM is actually three poems in one: two vertical (column) poems, and one horizontal (left to right). To read the first vertical poem, read all the bold lines to the LEFT of the hyphens from top to bottom as one verse; then read the second vertical poem by reading all the non-bold lines to the RIGHT of the hyphens from top to bottom. Finally, the third horizontal poem is the entire piece read as you normally would a poem, all the way through, joining what's left and right of the hyphens as one line, combining and enhancing the meaning of the two individual, formerly separated verses.



A white tulip symbolizes forgiveness, purity and serenity. Tulips are grown from bulbs and bloom in the spring. They are identified by a cup-shape of pointed petals atop a tall, green stem. White tulips denote a new beginning and a sense of worthiness. Giving someone white tulips tells them that you wish for them to forgive you and that you want a fresh start. It denotes that you want your relationship and events to be pure and seen as worthy, with any mistakes in the past forgiven and forgotten.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mrs. KT All rights reserved.
Mrs. KT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.