General Non-Fiction posted February 20, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
an essay on my life

life compass

by judester

Born and raised in Montreal,  I left home the week I graduated, headed west to a boom town in northern Alberta. From there I traveled south along the west coast of America in a van, south to  Mexico then north to Montreal.

In the  Florida Keys, I met Captain Bob and headed east, sailing a charter boat in the Bahamas. We sold the boat, drove north to Vermont and built my log cabin.

Around that time, I began plastering, then specialized in renovations of old homes and buildings.

Met Michael and left for Africa to run an ostrich ranch which evolved into a very successful fresh vegetable farm. I found joy in cooking and catered to the volunteers visiting Zanzibar, The trip to Africa was to be six months... it will now be 21 years.

Tomorrow I am going to Zanzibar, then mid-April, back to Montreal for good. Full circle. 



Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...


Thanks to Angelheart The First for the perfect illustratio
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.