Horror and Thriller Fiction posted January 23, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An EMT comes upon an accident scene.

First on the Scene

by Brigitte Elko


"Hey, sis, have to hang up now. I see an accident up ahead. Talk later, love you."

"911, what is your emergency?"

"There is a car upside down on the side of the road. Send help, quick."

"Is there anyone in the vehicle?"

"Yes, I'm an EMT, on my way over."

"What is your name please? Can you verify your location?"

"Exit 49 on I-95 North. I'm John Brown."

"Are you at the vehicle yet? Help is on the way. Can you reach the driver?"

"I'm checking for a pulse now. He is breathing but unconscious."

"Stay on the phone with me, please, until help arrives."

" The ambulance is pulling up. The man is trying to move."

" As soon as the ambulance begins transport, you may leave the scene. Thank you."

"He is being removed from the car now. I think I'll ask to ride along. Bye."

" Hey guys, he wasn't conscious when I got here. How's he doing? Do you mind if I ride along? I'm an EMT and maybe can help."

"We got him pulled out right away because the driver door was open. He's waking up."

"Okay, let's load him and go. Wait, what's that hanging on his jacket?"

"It looks like an envelope or letter. Here take it. He's going into cardiac arrest."

" OMG, it's an addressed card with hearts on it. It's a Valentine, I think. It's addressed to my sister."

"I hate to tell you, but looks like our guy it didn't make it. Sorry friend. Are you going to deliver or mail that bloodstained card?"




Bloody Valentine contest entry

Recognized


Life isn't always predictable and good intentions never come to fruition.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.