Fantasy Fiction posted January 8, 2018 Chapters:  ...39 40 -41- 42... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Unleashed Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Unleashed Chaos

Secrets and Betrayal/Part Three

by scongrove




Background
Sorry the chapter is a bit long, but definitely worth the read. A little tasteful romance added too! Enjoy!
Previously...
 
Even though Sebastian had kept his promise to Eve and brought back their twin sons, she discovered he was keeping a secret. Not only did Sebastian sneak into the Breedline Covenant to retrieve Arius and Tidus, he also kidnapped Tessa. As Eve’s curiosity stirred, she eavesdropped on a conversation between Sebastian’s twin brother Thomas and Lilith in hopes of finding out what they planned on doing with Tessa. She was shocked and confused after hearing Lilith was Tessa’s biological mother.     
Distraught over witnessing Garrett's death—a guard who walked out of the room where Thomas and Lilith had Tessa, and shot himself—Eve panicked and ran upstairs to her twins nursery. 

 
Continued...
 
When Eve got to the top of the stairs, she rushed to the end of the hall in a wave of panic. As she quietly stepped inside the nursery, she heard one of the twins stirring. Inhaling through her nose, Eve parted her lips, calmly releasing a light breath. Shifting her focus to the crib, she caught a glimpse of the top of Tidus’s head peering over the rim. His small face was scrunched up with unhappiness.
            As Eve came into view, Tidus stretched up his tiny hands and whined. He instantly quieted and nestled his head against the crevice of her neck when she lifted him from the crib.
            She knew he sensed her anxiety. He was just a baby, but he still knew something bad had happened. The succubus side in him was strong.
            The sounds of giggling startled Eve, bringing her back to focus. When she lowered her eyes, Arius was sitting up, his eyes cheerful, and he was clapping his hands. Watching him, she felt as if she ought to be thrilled he was such a happy baby, but there was a tearing feeling inside her—a terrible dread. She wondered what kind of future was waiting for Arius. He had the mark… the mark of the demon.
            “It’s not fair,” she whispered to Arius. “You’re such a good little boy.” She kept her eyes on him and forced a smile. Reaching down, she smoothed her hand over his dark curls. “I love you so much.”
            Arius stopped clapping and held up one hand, opening and closing like he was waving good-bye. And then a bright light completely engulfed his entire body.
            Eve quickly turned away, shielding her eyes from the brilliant glow casting off of Arius. When the light dissipated, she swung her head back around and caught a blurry image of Arius as he vanished into thin air.
            “No!” Eve screamed, frantically reaching into the empty crib. “Arius!”     
            Sebastian gasped and felt the hair on the back of his neck rise when he heard screams coming from upstairs. Forgetting all about Lilith and what she’d done to Garrett, he stepped away from the door. Wheeling around, he quickly rushed past Thomas, giving him an irritated look as he passed by and bolted up the stairs.
            When he got closer to the nursery, he could hear Eve’s screams getting louder and one of the twins crying.
            As he came into the room, eyes wide with worry, he saw Eve tense. He almost felt it, as if her nerves were his nerves, her panic his panic. Her face—wet with tears—appeared pale, almost as if she was going to pass out when he came into the room. His brows furrowed and he looked at her questioningly.   “Eve, what’s wrong?”   
            “Arius,” her voice cracked, emotion knotting her throat. “He’s gone.”
            “What do you mean he’s gone?”
            Eve fell to her knees, though she kept a solid, gentle grasp on Tidus. “He—” She paused and stroked her hand over Tidus’s curls soothing him. His thumb automatically went to his mouth as he leaned his head on Eve’s shoulder. “He just disappeared,” she finally said to Sebastian, who looked more stunned than anything else.
            He knelt down beside her. “Tell me what happened.”
            “There was a bright light, and when it vanished,” she shook her head, her heart twisting in agony, “it took Arius with it.”   
            “It’s going to be all right,” he reassured her, reaching for Tidus. “I know you’re worried, but he’s got the mark. He’s untouchable. Even Lilith can’t harm him. No one can, Eve. Arius must have the ability to use a portal,” Sebastian explained as Eve handed Tidus to him.
            “But where would he go?” she asked, her voice laced with tears. “He’s just a baby.”
            “It’s possible he went back to the Covenant to your sister.” Sebastian broke off and looked down at Tidus when he saw him rubbing tiredly at his eyes. “That’s the only place he could remember to go.”
            In the silence that followed, Eve’s lips quivered as tears spilled down her cheeks.
            Sebastian reached for Eve’s hand and squeezed gently. “I swear to you... I’ll bring him back.”     
            A noise so soft it was almost inaudible teased at the edge of Eve’s hearing. Her head jerked up, and she felt the breath puff out of her in a gasp.
            Sebastian dragged himself from his concentration on Eve and turned around. Lilith and Tessa stood in the open doorway. Sebastian’s golden depths wandered down Tessa’s body, staring at her with a sick satisfying gaze.
            Tessa narrowed her eyes, glaring at him with hatred as he slowly rose to his feet, his stature tall and lean. It took all her effort not to allow him to see the paralyzing fear and revulsion that exploded through her body. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. She wouldn’t go back to being that scared, helpless woman she’d been when Sebastian had raped her. Tessa wouldn’t let that woman come in and take control. Now she was a Breedline queen, and this time she was in control.
            Eve scrambled to her feet and reached for Tidus, taking him from Sebastian. “Tessa,” Eve said, her eyes widening with apprehension as she stared at Tessa. “Are you okay?”
            Tessa nodded in silence. Her eyes were clear and blank as if she were looking through a window into an empty room.
            “We heard screams,” Lilith said. “What happened?”
            “Arius disappeared,” Eve struggled with her words, “through a portal.”  
Tessa wanted to scream, but she kept her voice low and calm. “He could be back at the Covenant with Mia… where he’s safe.”
            Sebastian clenched his brows, and Tessa saw a flash of anguish in his eyes resembling the look of an animal in a trap. In another instant, it had turned to hardness. “I’ll get him back,” he said sharply.
            Tessa shivered. The look on his face was murderous. At her shudder, his expression shifted from anger to self-gratification. She kept her eyes fixed on his face. Stay calm, she thought.
            “I can help you get him back,” Tessa said.
            Sebastian took a step closer, narrowing his eyes. “And how do you plan to do that?”
            Lilith rushed on before Tessa could respond. She waved her fleshless hand dismissively. “You need to stay here… where I can protect you.”
            When Sebastian started to protest, Lilith sent him a dark look, nodding her head in a silent gesture that said we need to talk now.
            Sebastian’s jaw dropped, but he remained silent, almost as if he was afraid to voice an opinion.
            Tessa kept quiet, watching Sebastian as he brushed a kiss over Eve’s brow. Eve bit back tears, determined not to show weakness as Sebastian stepped out of the room with Lilith.
 
****
 
            Standing outside the bedroom door, Angel watched Tim stride in her direction. A contented look fixed on his features as though he’d found pleasure in the simple task of putting their daughter Natalie to bed for the night.
            When he approached Angel, he extended his hand, inviting her to take hold. Grasping his palm, she met his gaze. He gave her a look warm with affection, sending a delicate shiver over her skin as he pulled her close. Angel slid against his body, nestling herself under his arm.
            “Ready for bed?” Tim asked with a raised brow.
            Angel looked up at him. “I’m not tired.”
            “I didn’t say anything about being tired, but I’m ready to go to bed… with you,” he murmured in a playful tone. “Sleep, however, is not on my mind at the moment.”      
            When they entered the bedroom, he closed the door silently behind them and led her to their bed.
            “I love you, Angel,” he said, trailing a finger down her cheek, caressing, sending more shivers all over her body.
            “I love you, too,” she whispered, staring intently into his dark blue eyes.    “I want you, now,” he said hastily, unfastening his jeans.
            Angel hadn’t realized how much she wanted him to touch her until he’d said those words. She wanted to feel his strong hands on her skin. Her core ached and throbbed for him. She wanted his feather-light caresses on every inch of her body. She trembled, and her eyes took on a slightly glazed, hungry look that brought his body to immediate attention.
            “I want you in our bed... naked with me.” He nodded toward the king-sized bed. “I want your legs wrapped around me… with me inside you.”
            She sucked in her breath and licked her lips nervously, staring into his dominant gaze for a moment before quickly lifting her blouse over her head. While Angel fumbled with her bra, she hadn’t even managed to remove it before he was standing in front of her completely naked, his eyes impatiently waiting for her.
            She let out a frustrated sigh. “I guess you’ll have to help me finish getting undressed.”
            With a lazy smile, he batted his brows. “I guess I can make the sacrifice.”
            She laughed as he turned her to unhook her bra. His fingers worked quickly, pulling it forward, guiding the straps the rest of the way down her arms. Then he knelt down on one knee and slid her lace panties down, letting the tiny scrap fall to the floor.
            “That’s definitely much better.” His gaze roamed over her body as he rose to his feet.  
            When he started to ease down onto the bed, she lightly pushed him, surprising him with her eagerness. They tumbled down onto the mattress and landed with a soft bounce, his warmth pressed against her bare skin. Her body molded to him perfectly, almost like they were destined for one another.  
            She pressed her lips to his and fire raced through his veins when the tip of her tongue rubbed lightly over his mouth.
            “Angel,” he murmured against her soft lips.
            At the sound of his voice, she pulled away to see him watching her through half-lidded eyes. When he opened them wider, arousal glazed over them, and the pupils were full, making the color more black than blue.
            “Lie on your back,” he directed.
            She complied and shifted beside him, lying on her back, anticipating his touch. When she felt his warm fingertips lazily trail up and down her body, she closed her eyes and arched toward him. Angel’s body quivered—wanting and needing him to touch her more intimately.
            He was patient, drawing lazy circles, his fingers drifting closer between her legs. She sighed and parted her legs as if begging for him to go lower. She gasped and tensed when she felt his hand between her soft folds. Pleasure shot through her body, tingling its way to all the right spots. His touch was magic, taking her up so close to her peak until her breaths were coming fast and shallow.
            He pressed a light kiss right below her earlobe, releasing a slight breath against her neck and then nipped lightly, his teeth grazing as goose bumps raced over her flesh. “Come for me, Angel,” he whispered close to her ear.
            She twisted against him, arching into his hand when his fingers grew more insistent. He knew how to touch her and just the right amount of pressure, caressing the exact spot that created wave after wave of intense pleasure. After she had come down from her quick and hard climax, she was limp in his arms, content in the aftermath of his touch. Slowly she came back to awareness when he rained a trail of soft kisses over the curve of her shoulder and moved back to her lips.     
            “I love you, honey,” she murmured, enjoying his gentle hands.
            “I love—” He stopped in mid-sentence and turned to the nightstand when he heard sounds coming from the baby monitor.
            “What is it?” she queried.
            “Someone’s in Natalie’s room.”
            Angel’s face went pale, and her lips formed a paper-thin line. Listening carefully, she heard Natalie giggling and another voice. “Oh my god,” she said, her voice edged with worry.
            “Hurry, get dressed.” Tim scrambled off the bed and frantically searched the floor for his clothes.
            Angel hurried out of bed and grabbed a robe from the closet. She quickly slipped into it and tied the belt. As she wheeled around, Tim was waiting by the open door wearing nothing but a pair of jeans. There was a tense and apprehensive look in his eyes almost like he was looking to her for strength. Drawn to the vulnerable picture Tim posed, she reached for his hand at the same time he grasped hers.   
            Standing outside Natalie’s bedroom, they heard sounds of laughter. With one swift motion, Tim reached for the door and sprung it open.
            The noise startled the cat, which apparently came back after he’d mysteriously disappeared. When the cat leaped off Natalie’s bed, he moved next to her and meowed.
            Angel instantly covered her mouth and gasped into her hand. “Oh my god… Arius.
            Her reaction caught Natalie and Arius’s attention. They turned away from the cat and looked at Tim and Angel.
            “Baa-bee,” Natalie mumbled, pointing her little finger at Arius. And then she looked at the cat, her eyes wide. “Kiddy!”
            With his eyes locked on Arius, Tim said, “Make sure he doesn’t go anywhere, honey. I’ll go get Jem and Mia.”
            When Tim left the room, Angel moved next to Arius and reached for him. “We’ve missed you, sweetheart,” she said, brushing her hand over his dark curls. “Where in the world have you been?”  
            Arius looked at Angel, his eyes bright with excitement, sucking his thumb.
            Natalie stood on the other side of Angel, whining and reaching for Arius. Hearing Natalie’s persistent effort to get Angel’s attention, Arius looked down at her with a smile, his thumb angled further into his mouth.
            Angel knelt down with Arius in her arms. “What is it, sweetheart?”
            Natalie reached for Arius, openly pleading with Angel to put him back down.
            “He’s not going anywhere, honey,” Angel said, placing Arius on the floor next to Natalie.
            It was such an endearing sight as Angel sat down next to them and watched them play. She was struck by the rightness of it all. But she knew this put her family and the Covenant in danger. Somewhere out there, a monster lurked, waiting for an opportunity to come back for Arius.    
 
To be continued...         
 
 

 




Note: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live amongst human, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species. All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEENS RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back human and will be cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change human again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born, or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.

There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its firstborn son, and by the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf-like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a "Righteousness of God") - The Archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the Patron Angel of all who forgive. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for, and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact, or intercourse. And one much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they completely take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They do not have the ability to change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They have the ability to do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a Lucas, or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. The Breedline queen's bite is the only way to destroy it.

GOLEMS (a.k.a The Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They have the ability to stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not have the ability to change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a glowing lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a The Beast) - He is a Breedline species who later discovers that his birth father, who is possessed by the Chiang-shih demon, murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother Jem, and his bonded mate Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a The Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal, and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood, and he's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - (a.k.a The Breedline Queen) - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she is the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Dr. John and Sarah Chamberlain - They are Jace, Jem and Cassie's adoptive human parents. They are physicians in a children's unit, and also donate their time to the emergency center.

Chester and Amelia Ewan - They are called Guardians - a species originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wiccan.

Jackson Gray - He is Jace and Jem's biological uncle - Katlyn Gray's older brother. Although he carries the gene of the Breedline, he does not shift into a wolf. Only Breedlines born with an identical twin have the ability to change into their wolf. He's a medical supply pilot.

Mia Blackwood - She is a half-breed and Jem's bonded mate. Abandoned at birth and raised in human foster care, she later finds her twin sister, Eve.

EVE - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After he had been killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath amongst humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Angel - She is a half-breed and Tim's bonded mate.

Natalie - She is a half-breed and Tim and Angel's daughter.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Cassie Chamberlain - Adopted at age two by Jace and Jem's adoptive parents after her mother abandons her. Later, she discovers she is a Breedline species and bonds with the handsome Drakon Hexus. She is a nurse practitioner, specializing in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.