Mystery and Crime Fiction posted December 27, 2017 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Detective Monroe speaks with Dr. Larson to clarify his sanity

A chapter in the book Detective Monroe

Who, What, Why

by SLMorrical


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
Murder looks like the lead the detective. He received information he does have a twin, but a twin sister. The detective is questioning his own sanity. Who is this murderer?
Dr. Larson was sitting in the larger recliner chair when Eddie arrived. She looked at him puzzled, "Eddie, you ok?"

"Dr. Larson, I have a twin sister, I just discovered this while searching for a possible twin. Everyone thinks they see me with these women before they are murdered.

Dr. Larson thought for a minute. "Then you don't believe you are having any blackouts or anything of that sort, do you Eddie?"

"Both Bartenders said I was at the bar with these women before they were murdered, and I wasn't. I was on the video tape at the hospital and I wasn't there." Eddie sat down hard on the couch out of frustration.

Dr. Larson look puzzled. "Detective Monroe, are you saying your suspect is you or someone who looks like you?"

"Yes, that is why I thought I was having blackouts." Eddie realized what the doctor was getting at. "What are you saying doc? I created another persona, and it is me, but I am not having blackouts. The journal you wanted me to keep is not showing this." Eddie's red face shows his anger as he faces Doctor Larson.

"Look I am not in any way saying that, all I was saying is the suspect has some sort of connection with you. Why would the suspect whoever he is be disguised as you when everyone knows you so well?" Dr. Larson had a logical point, and her voice was stern when she pointed this out to Eddie.

"I don' have a clue, and please don't look at me like that." Eddie's voice was cracking as he recognized the look on Dr. Larson's face, it was that look that he was crazy. "It isn't me, and I didn't create another persona or personality."

"Here read this it has my every move over the last few days." Dr. Larson took the journal and read it, and realized that Eddie was telling the truth. The suspect was someone who looked like him, but why and who.

"Okay I believe you, but who is this person and why do they look like you? I mean you hear that everyone has a twin somewhere, but why now and why is this person killing women." Dr. Larson wasn't only puzzled, but also intrigued. "Eddie you are dealing with a man that has had a traumatic event involving a woman. The ring finger has some kind of significance to that event. I would say the man was either married or engaged and his wife or girlfriend cheated on him and every woman he meets reminds him of this so he keeps killing her in his mind when he kills these women."

"Thank you Dr. Larson." Eddie realized that he needed to get the station and have the local bars staked out, but does he go and face the man that looks like him, or would it create a problem in catching this killer. While driving back to the station, he thought about everything that has happened up until now. He thought about finding out he had a twin sister, and a suspect for the murders that looked exactly like him. He wondered how Claire Sewer ended up at the shelter, and realized he needed to let Tommy know where his sister was.




I have been receiving so much wonderful feedback on the chapters, and it has helped develop my characters more. I love all and any feedback whether negative or positive. Thank you all on FanStory
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.