General Fiction posted November 18, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Who is the narrator?

Broken Soul

by Heather Knight


I taint everything I touch. It all withers and dies. It's been like this ever since I was a child. Dad left, Mum died of tuberculosis...

The dark hand of death comes out of my chest like a tentacle ready to grasp its prey and I cannot do anything to stop it.

I turn to the written word to forget my sorrows and create black tales of fear and horror. It does help a bit ... sometimes. I also turn to the bottle and it blesses me with the oblivion I crave.

But nothing can help me now. The love of my life is dying and I'm unable to alleviate her pain.

I know what it will be like when she's gone. I won't be able to go on. She's unwittingly sentenced me to death.



Recognized


The narrator of this flash fiction post is a famous person. Can you guess who?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.