Humor Fiction posted November 12, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Mad Hatter is intriguing.

Why, the Mad Hatter is Mad

by Brigitte Elko


The invited tea party guests were all assembled. Around the brightly decorated tea table they scrambled.
Alice asked with wide- eyed innocence, " Why does the Mad Hatter have no sense?"
With cups of tea and crumpets, chatter flowed all around, The Hatter was being , as usual, an absurd obnoxious clown. Just then to prove his madness and make it very clear, The Hatter, holding a hammer high, did jauntily appear.
He asked in perfect seriousness, a conscientious host,
"How many lumps, you can have one, or two at most?"
The rabbit looking quite perplexed, held up an empty cup, without a moment's hesitation, The Hatter hoisted the hammer up.
That rabbit got a lump, then two, then ran in pain away. A hammer on a rabbit's head really wasn't considered fair play.
"Alice, Alice, I'll tell you why and it's the verifiable truth, that Hatter's madness is really quite uncouth."
Spare the rod and spoil The Hatter inevitably must have been the parental rule during his youth.



A Funny Story contest entry

Recognized


I would like to dedicate this humorous story to the inspirational Dean Kuch. He makes me laugh and every time I see his profile picture I think of Alice in Wonderland.
Dean, I hope you enjoy this one and hope you do not take offense. I adore your work and you have my admiration for what it is worth.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.