Horror and Thriller Fiction posted November 1, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A letter in disappearing ink from...

The Man Who Just Moved In

by Ogden




You have seen me. 
I believe you intuitively suspect what I do, and are too frightned to say anything.
But, eventually, you will view me as a pleasant, harmless elderly man, and realize you've been foolish to fear me.

I don’t initiate conversations, but I have overheard women, in passing, saying they like my looks. Some lonely day, you may decide to introduce yourself to me.
I hope you will, my dear.


(There’s an old adage that people use, but, unwisely, seldom take to heart. 
It has been to my advantage that many do judge a book by its cover.)




Just In Time For Halloween! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
A Short Story to Scare Old Ladies.
Write a 100-word story (no poetry, please) designed to induce chills. No offense intended toward FS women of mature age. It?s all in fun.

Avoid disqualification. Observe these rules.
No soundtrack or music, animation, videos, or special effects of any kind.
Use one font and background color, only from FS basic and advanced editors.
One illustration only, in the standard position above your text. (optional).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.