Young Adult Poetry posted October 30, 2017 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Freeverse.

A chapter in the book A Book of ... Free Verse (Vol.1)

a days fun !

by Bicpen

 


Fruit Monkeys ...
Fruit Monkeys ...
Daffy Duck
aint it a shame
Was
it
all
just a game!

 





This is free verse. It has as you can see a metaphor which is the fruit monkeys and an explanation which is the Daffy duck part, it also exclaims something at the end. Instead of the exclamation it could ask a question.

The line is used to punctuate and express the poem in words as the line determines a new start of speech but also can be continuous.

The real difficulty you will have is to determine its reality as the free verse works best when sounding surreal but with a concrete and solidifying message.

For example this poem is about abuse. The fruit Monkeys are the metaphor for the rapist who like the image are gorging and devouring on what they enjoy. The victim is then looking back over the experience and telling himself or herself what it was like. Then after reflection the exclamation is given as the abuse has never been taken seriously.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bicpen All rights reserved.
Bicpen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.