Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted September 25, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story.

Suicide and aggression.

by robina1978


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

This is a day I will forever remember. It was Friday the 13th. I have never been superstitious, but now I am. You might be too after reading this story.

On my way to work things already went weird, my car did not perform like it should. But it got progressively worse during the day.

When I entered the psychiatric ward in a general hospital, I was informed by the nursing staff that a female had committed suicide. Sad enough. But it also meant a lot of work for all of us.

I had to call my colleague back. Then the pair of us screened everybody in the ward. Regularly we discovered things from other inpatients that had the intention to commit suicide. Like using ropes they had in their cupboards. This made all the work worthwhile.

Late at night an incident happened, that changed my outlook on the world. I still had to see an outpatient, and went with the male Sister of the ward. My calm depressed patient that had to wait so long, went ballistic. The Sister floored him, and I did something I'd only once heard of (no time or place to get his pants off) I injected him with a sedative through his pants.

I never believed in fate untill that day.

Now I am always on guard on Fridays the 13th.
I never want a repeat of that day.



Fate writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that includes this sentence somewhere in the story: I never believed in fate until that day.


Many thanks to seshadri_sreenivasan for this artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.