Mystery and Crime Script posted September 11, 2017 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The investigation starts.

A chapter in the book And Soon The Darkness

The Start Of It All

by Macsween

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

Previously

A young woman's body is discovered in a parking lot. Detective Liutenant Sara Valero and Detective Sergeant Jonny Grasso work the scene, meanwhile Despatch tries to contact Officer Perez unaware that he has been killed on his last call.



FADE IN

INT. GUERREROS AZTECA CLUBHOUSE. NIGHT

The Bikers walk along a hallway. On the walls framed pictures: of CLUB MEMBERS; parties, bike rally's, road trips through the desert- mesas casting shadows against the setting sun; MEN embracing in brotherly love; other CLUBS partying, all looking happy, no aggro: the PROUD HISTORY of the Vado Chapter.

They walk and reach a set of double doors, and they're through into the Clubhouse proper. It looks like a bar: a stage-complete with stripper pole, tables and chairs set out on a dance floor and along one wall a massive well stocked bar. Hanging, from thick chains, over the bar, a PRISTINE HARLEY DAVIDSON SOFTAIL- it's owner, the former Club President ten years dead but still held in high esteem.

The Clubhouse is empty bar three people-as per Chapter rules: RULE 5- THREE PEOPLE IN CLUBHOUSE AT ALL TIMES- sitting at the bar the Club PRESIDENT- TONY 'DOZER' RIBIERIO- the top dog; SERGEANT-AT-ARMS- MIKE 'PANHEAD' ALVAREZ- responsible for discipline among members and PROSPECT- CHARLES 'CHIP' BISTRAM- general dogsbody. Dozer and Panhead sit at the bar drinking. Chip is barman for the night, as per his rank.

DOZER

(sees the new arrivals)

Strippers are here.

The biggest of the two newbies, a ferocious looking full patch called HUGO 'CRAZY H' RAMOS,33, opens his vest and does a little dance. 

CRAZY H

Don't forget the ten dollar bills.

DOZER

(laughing)

What I get for ten dollars?

Crazy H's companion, a small muscular man, 26, called DONALD 'GONZO' HARPER answers before Crazy H. 

GONZO

Anything you want.

They all laugh. Crazy H and Gonzo hit the bar.

CHIP
What you guys want?

GONZO

Beer me up.

CRAZY H

Mismo.

Chip cracks open a couple of cold ones and slides them along the bar. They are downed in seconds. Before they can ask for another Chip has slid two fresh ones towards them.

CRAZY H

Thanks, brother.

DOZER

So, did Jay say what happened?

CRAZY H

She was up for it at first then he told her that there'd be at least three guys and she bolts. You shoulda heard the call, he was oh so serious, "Hugo, it's Jay. We need a new girl." Man, I though he'd killed her.

DOZER

He couldn't kill a spider. So, she just left.

CRAZY H

Apparently so. Don't blame her. Would you want to suck a lime?

DOZER

I would not.

CRAZY H

And he said he gave her half the money.

DOZER

You gotta be kiddin' me. What for?

CRAZY H

Said he felt it was the right thing to do.

DOZER

For doing nothing?

CRAZY H

Seems that way.

DOZER

That fucking guy. Been hanging around for months asking to help out and when I give him a job he fucks it up. Get some girls for a party to entertain some friends I said. How simple is that? Last time he works for us.

PANHEAD

Yeah, tell him not to come around here no more.

DOZER

(to Crazy H)

Did he at least give you the other half of the green back?

CRAZY H

No. Can't find him.

PANHEAD

He split?

CRAZY H

Not answering calls.

PANHEAD

Keep trying. Leave one message saying that all we want is the cash back.If he doesn't get back. Put the word out.

CRAZY H

Affirmative.

DOZER

We still need some entertainment for the English boys. They're gonna be here in less than twenty four. I've told them we've got some action for them.

GONZO

Want someone to go get some more?

DOZER

Obviously.

(to Crazy H and Gonzo)

You two. It's short notice, so pick up a few meth-head's from Sequoia Drive. Three will probably cost what that first one wanted anyway.

PANHEAD

And get good ones. Not some strung out tweakers.

CRAZY H

Cool.

DOZER

Or ones that are dissolving.

CRAZY H

Now?

DOZER

Finish your beer first. They arrive tomorrow night. Have it set up for then. Take the money out the club funds, tell Red I said it was okay. And be back for church at ten.

EXT. STREET. NIGHT

Valero pulls up at the apartment block. She looks around. No cop car. She kills the engine and lights up a cigarette.

Officer Mak pulls up beside her. She gets out and approaches the Lieutenant's car.

MAK

Hey, Lieutenant.

VALERO

Hi, Elsa.

MAK

You ready?

VALERO

Sure.

INT. HALLWAY. NIGHT

Mak knocks the door. There is a pause as nothing happens. Mak tries again. Same.

VALERO

Neighbors.

Mak knocks on a few doors. One opens but only as far as the chain will let it. Half a FEMALE face appears in the crack.

MAK

Hello. Police, sorry to bother you. You hear a disturbance earlier? Seen a cop?

FEMALE OCCUPANT

No, no police.

MAK

Was earlier on? Huh?

FEMALE OCCUPANT

No, no police here.

The door is slammed shut.

MAK

Thank you for your time.

(to Valero)

They never answer around here. Any luck?

VALERO

(listening at door)

Nada. Can't hear anything.

MAK

Wanna go in?

Valero smiles. Mak takes a step back.

MAK

I've got the boots on.

VALERO

(raising a hand)

Let's try the door first.

(turning the handle)

(as the door opens)

Bingo.

She pushes the door open. Both stand on the threshold observing the room. They draw their guns, nod to each other and enter.

POV-VALERO

The apartment is clean, everything looks as if its in its right place. No broken glass, no upturned tables and chairs, beds made, kitchen clean and most importantly: no bodies.

MAK

No disturbance here then.

VALERO

No. Doesn't mean there wasn't one. Let's go. We'll sent someone tomorrow to talk to the natives.

They start to leave. Vaslero stops. She crouches down and looks at the floorboards.

MAK

See something?

VALERO

You got a bit of paper?

Mak takes her notebook out, tears a piece of paper and hands it to Valero. She slides down the gap in-between two floorboards. She slowly brings it back up. The stark white of the paper is streaked with CONGEALED BLOOD.

MAK

Shit.

VALERO

Call control. We need more bodies and forensics, photo and swab.

MAK

On it.

VALERO

(looking at blood on paper)

I hope this isn't you Mike.

INT. CLUBHOUSE PICTS MOTORCYCLE CLUB. LONDON. DAY

The Picts Motorcycle Club took their name from the ancient, ferocious Scottish tribe the PICTS, immortalized in British history for their, brave but foolish, defiance against the might of Rome two thousand years before. 

Similar to the Guerrero Azteca Clubhouse (these groups are all like minded) this place is designed with entertainment in mind, not to mention its as flashy as a pimps grills. Black leather stools set neatly around polished tables with the Picts MC logo: a grinning severed warrior head superimposed on two CLAYMORE SWORDS in a ST ANDREW'S CROSS, just like the flag of Scotland. On one side, a long bar with multiple beer taps. Behind it a well stocked bar. The other, a stage with stripper poles, drums, guitars and speakers and on the wall behind a massive flag of the club logo. Another wall: a selection of kuttes, framed- trophies and conquests of clubs smashed and taken over, vests ripped from the backs of the fallen and smashed. The final wall covered in framed photographs showing the club's history.

Sitting, at one of the tables, the club hierarchy: PRESIDENT- DAVID CONVAL, 44; VICE-PRESIDENT- FRANK BOONE, 38: SECRETARY- BRIAN 'HOOPS' HOOPER-GREENHILL, 59 and SERGEANT-AT-ARMS GARRY 'GAZ' CRICHTON, 27. 

They wear their club patches:

TOP ROCKER- the word PICTS in royal blue runic lettering on white background.

CENTER PATCH- a grinning severed warrior head superimposed on two CLAYMORE SWORDS in a ST ANDREW'S CROSS with small M.C patch, royal blue on white.

BOTTOM ROCKER- the word LUNNAINN (London in Gaelic) in royal blue runic lettering on white background.

HOOPS

I've booked you guys a flight from Heathrow to El Paso Texas with a stopover in Dallas for a few hours. No direct flights I'm afraid. The Guerreros Azteca boys will meet you in El Paso.

GAZ

I thought we were going to Mexico.

CONVAL

New Mexico numb nuts.

GAZ

Oh. No airports in New Mexico?

HOOPS

There are. You can fly to Albuquerque if you want, but there's a three and a half hour drive to Vado from there.

GAZ

Fuck that shit.

HOOPS

El Paso is the closest airport which you can fly to from London.

BOONE

How far to the meet from there?

HOOPS

About forty five minutes. If traffic is clear.

CONVAL

Cool, brother. They say how many meeting us?

HOOPS

Yeah, Dozer said he's sending three of their guys. They'll pick you up in a bus.

GAZ

One of those big yellow ones?

BOONE

What?

GAZ

You know those yellow ones you see in movies?

CONVAL

School bus?

GAZ

No, the yellow ones.

BOONE

Those are the school ones you dozy twat.

GAZ

Eh? Na.

HOOPS

They are; trust me, lets move on, yeah?

GAZ

Cool cool.

HOOPS

Can we talk like adults now?

GAZ

Shoot.

HOOPS

I've gone through the itinerary with Dozer. After the pick-up they'll take you to the Clubhouse to meet the management.

CONVAL

Just the management?

HOOPS

Yeah, at first. They'll talk to you about the prospect of our possible union. All going good should take a coupla hours. Now according to Dozer they're not to keen on patching over to us.

GAZ

Who wouldn't want to patch over to us?

HOOPS

Like us they have a proud history. Brother's can't give that up.

BOONE

True.

GAZ

Yeah, but they wouldn't give a fuck about us givin' up our history to patch over to them.

HOOPS

They'll listen to what you have to say, but my guess is they'll ask us to join them.

GAZ

Like fuck we will.

BOONE

What are their numbers?

HOOPS

(checking notebook)

They have eighteen chapters in seven states, mostly around the south: New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas and a couple further north in Kentucky and Illinois. They're looking to expand into Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York but have met some resistance.

BOONE

So less than us.

GAZ

So they join us. Simple.

HOOPS

Yeah, but they've got almost as many guys. Some of their chapters go forty, fifty guys.

CONVAL

Shit. I thought we were big with twenty eight guys.

BOONE

What about bad shit?

HOOPS

Some.

BOONE

We gonna walk into anything over there?

HOOPS

Shouldn't. If something goes off you guys should be okay as we're not part of the American scene. As we're international guests all clubs, hostile to them or not, should give us due respect and dxpect it in return.

BOONE

Any names, just in case?

HOOPS

Dozer wouldn't go into too much detail, one clubs bad shit is one clubs bad shit.I found an article on the internet. Apparently some of their guys have had a few run ins with a crew called Craneos MC.

GAZ

What does that mean.

BOONE

Skulls. I did Spanish at school.

HOOPS

After the meeting the time is yours, but from what Dozer was saying, it looks like it's going to get messy.

GAZ

Fine by me. As long as I can get my end away with some hot chicks I don't give a shit.

CONVAL

You're an animal Crichton.

GAZ

I'm only copying you.

They all laugh.

INT. APARTMENT. FRONT ROOM. NIGHT

A UNIFORMED POLICE OFFICER stands guard outside the flat. A CSI takes samples from the floor. Valero talks to CAPTAIN HANK THOMPSON, 52. He looks disheveled,like he's just woken up and put on something which has been in the laundry pile for days.   

THOMPSON

I'd kill for a coffee.

VALERO

I've got one of the uniform on it.<.D>

THOMPSON

Witnesses?

VALERO

None.

THOMPSON

CCTV?

VALERO

On the front communal door.

THOMPSON

Broken?

VALERO

Bingo.

THOMPSON

Neigbours?

VALERO

Unhelpful.

THOMPSON

Usual?

VALERO

Usual.

THOMPSON

Well, Detective, we're in quite a pickle. Neighbors don't want to help, no witnesses that we know of, no CCTV and no cruiser.

VALERO

I've arranged to have day shift come back and do door to door. Some people here work nights.

THOMPSON

Good.

VALERO

I've got every spare unit out looking for Perez's car. I've got in touch with City Hall, told them to hold off on any garbage collections until we tell them otherwise.

THOMPSON

They won't like that.

VALERO

They didn't and I don't care. Could be a clue in one of those stink boxes.

THOMPSON

Anything else?

VALERO

I've got guys checking the waste disposal chute and trash cans, oh and I've asked for phone records from the land line on quick time.

THOMPSON

What about his team?

VALERO

Captain?

THOMPSON

Anybody talk with his watch? You know, has he been acting strange? Said anything? What's his home life like? Has he run up gambling dets? Smoking glass? Cheating on the wife?

VALERO

Elsa Mak seems to know him quite well. They were partnered up when she was a rookie.

THOMPSON

She here?

VALERO

Doing door to door.

THOMPSON

Have a word. Anything will help.

VALERO

Sure.

THOMPSON

So the call here was a disturbance. Anybody spoke to the caller?

VALERO

Tried. All we're hearing is the sound of silence. The people around here don't and won't talk.They call it in and leave the rest to us.

THOMPSON

What's wrong with these people?

VALERO

Some people just don't like us.

EXT. DESERT. NIGHT

Jay turns down a dirt road. He drives for a minute, then stops. He gets out. he's the only person for miles around. He's wearing jeans on his bottom half. He takes the Cop's shirt off, tosses it on the front passenger seat, crumples up some newspaper, throws it in the front passenger foot well and lights it. He stands back as the fire takes hold of the paper 





Artwork by Liilia with thanks.

Note for those who have read the previous chapter. I have made a slight change. Instead Perez's car being left unattended on the street, Jay now drives it away from the scene wearing the cop's shirt. This is to fit into the coming continuity.

I have also changed the MC from Guerrero Azteca to Guerreros Azteca as it sounds better, and would be written, in plural as they are many.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Macsween All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Macsween has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.