General Non-Fiction posted July 14, 2017 Chapters:  ...36 37 -38- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
coping with the passing of my mother

A chapter in the book <3 " thoughtscapes" by Noni <3

I Miss You Mom

by AnnieGale


Sitting here on a winter's day watching the sun dance upon the water as it glistens like a million tiny diamonds. Missing you so much today like every day. The only good thing this very moment is the bright sun high above in the cloudless blue sky. Blue as your eyes.
The wind is crisp and cold. Bitter in it's attempt to freeze my bones but I'm already numb with so much feeling running through my head. Still trying to accept the truth that you are no longer here.

Sadness consumes me, more often then not, sometimes hidden behind a smiling face but it is there none the less just below the surface.
I remember everything all too clear in those last days before you went away. Some things I'll keep in my heart forever, never telling a soul, things all too precious to me.
But I held tight to your hand, still lovely but losing strength. I repeat over and over how beautiful you are while stroking your brow and silver hair, how much I love you and always will. The most wonderful mother a girl could ever ask for, speaking how proud and lucky I was to have you as my mom while tears stained my cheeks and my heart was breaking into bits as I watched you slip away.

I love you still, even more today. I did my best Mom, hope you believe that. But I truly know deep down that you already knew.
So here I sit, at the water's edge alone, writing. Sometimes my only escape. I feel closer to you here somehow, nothing between me and the heavens above. It's like time has stood still for a moment. But really life goes on all around me.
Grief because I've had great love...Yes, that is true.






My Mother had Alzheimer's for 7 years, she passed away a little over a year ago.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AnnieGale All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
AnnieGale has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.