Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted July 13, 2017 Chapters:  ...36 37 -38- 39... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...don't cheat me

A chapter in the book My Book of Poems 2010-2017

Member Dollars for You

by Mustang Patty

Review cheats Contest Winner 
I want a review
to say more than pretty words
tell me my true worth


Writing Prompt
A review is an integral part of this writing workshop. A review is supposed to hone our writing and take it to a next level. Therefore, it is extremely important to craft a careful, honest, analytical review that would help a writer grow. It is hard work but a very rewarding one. However, some here don't work that hard. They trigger pieces that reward most member dollars and write as little as a line or two to make a quick buck and move to a next one, in order to promote their own work. This is cheating. It's quite sad, but it's been happening on this site, and the purpose of this prompt is to raise awareness to it.

Write a Senryu on the subject.

This is FS definition of a Senryu:

A Senryu is identical to the structure of a Haiku. It has three lines. The first line has 5 syllables. The second line has 7 syllables. The third line has 5 syllables again.
It is primarily concerned with human nature. It is often humorous or satiric. A non-traditional senryu can have less than 5/7/5 syllables. A common variation is 3/5/3 as in the example below.

Example:

Undone
words burst forth (3 syllables)
fragile bonds damaged (5 syllables)
love undone (3 syllables)
- written by Janilou

Review cheats
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Angelheart at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.