Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted June 13, 2017 Chapters:  ...115 118 -119- 121... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Rondel Prime Sonnet

A chapter in the book The Sonnets

Pincers Probe

by Treischel



The pincers probe the nether parts
while demons watch with glee and smile.
We rip apart the baby's hearts.
Those innocents that we defile.

To deaf ears, silent screaming starts.
ignoring an internal trial.
The pincers probe the nether parts
while demons watch with glee and smile.

The tissues now on sterile carts,
were once a child, a life worthwhile.
In millions, discards reconcile
with women's right to choose, cruel farce.

The pincers probe the nether parts
while demons watch with glee and smile.








Recognized


59.5 Million abortions since Roe v. Wade in 1975. Let that number sink in a minute. My own daughters and daughter-in-laws have had abortions. On reflection, those were my grandchildren. I have to ask the question - "Why?" The answers come back: to hide their indiscretions, it was inconvenient, they weren't ready yet, they couldn't afford it yet, not the right time, don't want any more children, birth control, rape victim. Are these really valid reasons to destroy a life? Every one purports a women's "right" to choose. Did the child get any choice? How does God view our actions?

Let's put this into perspective. Hitler killed 3 million people. We called it a Holocaust, and were abhorred. We called him the worst monster that ever lived. We vilify the Nazis of Germany, and ask "How could they do such a thing?" Many they killed were adults, but we kill our own innocents. So who is worse? 59.5 Million! If someone told us that a group was coming here to murder 59.5 million of our innocent children, we would be horrified. But we are doing it to ourselves. That's why the demons are smiling. Our country is going to Hell.

This poem is a Rondel Prime Sonnet
A Rondel is a poem with two Quatrains followed by a Sestet where the first two lines of the poem become repeated as the last two lines of the next two stanzas (the second Quatrain and the Sestet). Sometimes the second line is dropped in the last stanza. It is usually in tetrameter, but is always iambic.
So, the rhyme scheme would be:

ABba abAB abbaAB (Prime),
or
ABba abAB abbaA (Classic).

The conversion to a Sonnet is quite simple. Separate the last two lines of the Sestet to make it a Couplet. In actuality the Rondel Prime, as introduced in France about 1544 by Clermont Marot, was a Sonnet. But the classic form became more popular. The rhyme scheme then for the Sonnet becomes:

ABba abAB abba AB.

With its double repeated lines, I thought this a perfect media to make a strong social commentary. I've come to believe that abortion is murder. It is driven by personal experience.

This photograph is an image of my great-granddaughter BelleRose.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.