General Fiction posted May 9, 2017 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A happy ending for some

A chapter in the book Miscellaneous stories

Your time is up

by CD Richards


 
"Supreme Commander, please reconsider. Give them one more chance, I beg!"

"There can be no more chances. They are out of time — their world is out of time."

"But they can change..."

"They refuse to change. We sent our representative to them decades ago, with our ultimatum, and they murdered him. With each passing day, they wreak more and more destruction, and pile killing upon killing. They seek to start new wars, and don't even understand why."

"But it is such a beautiful world— It has no equal in the galaxy. And all of the other inhabitants..."

One look from the Supreme Commander was all it took to silence his underling, and then his gaze softened before he spoke again.

"The planet itself will survive, and the damage to innocent species will be minimal. Only for humans will the world come to an end. Their time is up. Thousands of species go extinct every year, almost all of them due to the actions of humans. Not only that, but they poison the air, the land and the water, for all life in the future. Their planet cannot survive if they do. And they are spreading, out of control -- like a virus. They must be treated as such. It is the humans, or it is the rest of the life on the planet."

The junior officer's shoulders slumped, as his gaze travelled to his feet. He knew the Supreme Commander was right. His superior turned and pressed the button on the console.

"Gnut! Set the demolecularizer to human DNA only. Initial coordinates - 40.7128 degrees north, 74.0059 degrees west -- New York city. Activate!




Image: public domain.

This was meant to be for a contest, but some silly git forgot to enter it , and just published it as a normal story. Oh well, such is life lol. Please feel free not to review, as I won't be promoting it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. CD Richards All rights reserved.
CD Richards has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.