Spiritual Non-Fiction posted April 24, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
God is the supreme writer in any genre

An Example of Excellent Writing

by Deniz22















The Bible is an amazing book for many reasons, not the least of which is its composition.

Take this opening of Second Kings, chapter 5, for instance:

Now Naaman, commander of the army of the king of Syria, was a great and honorable man in the eyes of his master, because by him the Lord had given victory to Syria.

He was also a mighty man of valor, but a leper.

2 And the Syrians had gone out on raids, and had brought back captive a young girl from the land of Israel. She waited on Naaman's wife.

3 Then she said to her mistress, "If only my master were with the prophet who is in Samaria! For he would heal him of his leprosy."

4 And Naaman went in and told his master, saying, "Thus and thus said the girl who is from the land of Israel."

Comment; This is wonderful writing! So concise, yet packed with dramatic details. The marked contrasts draw us in; a mighty commander of a victorious army...famous...yet a leper.

A brave man of war...yet helpless against his fatal disease. A young girl, torn from her people to be a slave...yet full of faith. A loving wife of the great man...but willing to listen to the spiritual advice of a young slave from Israel.

Thus the dynamic story takes off, full of drama, as two Kings are added to the mix along with a mighty Prophet of the Living God.

And it keeps moving as it unfolds, showing the conversion experience of a hard-headed leader, the power of God miraculously displayed, and the gratitude of the Commander who learned to be obedient to the Supreme Commander of the universe!

The integrity of the Prophet is then contrasted with the faithlessness of his servant. This is a story which displays many, many spiritual truths. It bears reading and rereading and serves well as meditation material of the highest quality.

A final ironic contrast is found in the removal of leprosy from the obedient mighty man, to a new victim in the body of a disobedient servant.

Great writing draws the reader in...and improves the reader. God's book is the best at this and whole cultures have been changed when this book is known. Conversely, mighty cultures have sunk into the sands of time who had this book of books and ignored it. My whole family for 3 generations was changed because my mother picked it up and read it. This is a living Book!



Recognized


The Scripture claims to be written by God, through and through. Unbiased reading allows the beauty of God's masterpiece to shine it's light into our heart to generate faith and love for the Writer. The greatest concepts of love and truth abide within its pages, waiting to bless and change us.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.