Romance Fiction posted April 2, 2017 Chapters:  ...20 21 -22- 23... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Plans continue.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Sieben part zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Shana stared at her plate. "This is way too much trouble for a painting."

"I guess it's time we decide what we're going to do next." Anderson set his fork down.

"I hope this 'we' includes me." Shana's eyes met Anderson's.



TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 7 part 2

Philip released a deep breath before he said, "I feel we need to table this and continue in the morning. We all have a feel of what needs to happen. I think we should sleep on it and discuss it over breakfast before Jeff arrives. Jane, don't forget to call Jeremy and set up the appointment."

"I won't." Jane glanced at her watch. "It's not too late." She removed her phone from her pocket and continued, "I'll do it right now." As she put the phone away, she said, "I left a message. He'll get back to me."

Helen picked up a serving bowl. "Shana, were you serious about forgetting about the painting or frustrated with the situation?"

Anderson opened his mouth as if to speak.

"Drew, let her speak," Jane said. "It's her family's artwork." She handed Helen a glass and nodded toward Shana. "Continue, dear."

"When I came to New York City, I was serious about getting the painting back, but now I'm not sure it's worth it. It never dawned on me that the Russian Mafia would be involved. I expected the owner wouldn't be happy about giving it up. All this potential violence is unreal, and over a piece of artwork." Shana took a sip of water. "My family has lived without it for seventy-nine years and did just fine. I'm sure they could continue without it." She stood. "I think I'll go to my room." She took in a deep breath. "Or the room I'm staying in."

Romeo looked up at her, and she petted his head.

Anderson also stood and touched her arm. "You're right about the painting. But you need to think about the problem you have at hand now. These men aren't going to forget that you requested the painting. I think they could be viewing this as a threat, and they aren't taking it lightly."

"I'm not a threat to anybody." Tears welled in Shana's eyes. She glanced at Anderson's hand on her arm. "Please, I need to be alone and think about all of this." She left the patio.

Romeo followed.

Anderson watched her until she reached where the hallway turned to the section of the penthouse her room was in.

Jane and Helen silently cleared the table.

After the women had left, Philip asked, "Feel like another pool game?"

"Nope. I think I'll go over my speech for Congress. If you need me, I'll be in my office."

"Your choice." Philip rose from his chair. "You know, women are funny. Sometimes they don't want our help. Or maybe they just want to ignore the situation."

"In this case, she wants to believe it doesn't exist. Doing that just might get her or one of her family members injured or murdered." Anderson walked toward his den with both German shepherds following close behind.

In the den, Anderson lifted a folder that held his speech, opened it, and then slammed it shut. "How am I going to protect her and get the painting to its rightful owner without anybody getting hurt?"

Axel and Thor stood and laid their heads on Anderson's desk.


Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her families painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident

Ben -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Morozov -- owner of the painting 'Winter-Traum' by Bruno Schmidt

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.



Recognized


Thank you Google Images for a photo of a young Jewish lady. Maybe a little of what Shana may look like. Thank you for the wonderful support you give me. Just a couple of months until summer break. Wow, this school year went fast.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.