Romance Fiction posted March 26, 2017 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shana worried about putting people in danger.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Sieben part eine

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

"We discussed Jeremy earlier this evening in your office." Jane faced Anderson.

"Do you mean your second-cousin twice removed? You never called him by name."

"Well, I called him and gave him a heads-up."

"I thought we agreed to think about it before we called," interrupted Philip.

"We sort of did." Jane paused. "I thought about it and decided to call."

"What did you say?" asked Anderson.

Shana set her fork down. "I'm guessing Jeremy has something to do with me. Would anybody like to fill me in?"


TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 7 part 1

Philip took a sip of water. "Jeremy is Jane's second-cousin twice removed."

"I gathered that much from the conversation. What's the big secrete every's tiptoeing around?" Shana set her fork down.

"Nothing directly, dear." Jane patted Shana's arm.

"Then what does he have to do indirectly with me?" Shana stared at Anderson. "Are you going to tell me?"

Philip, Jane, and Helen looked at Anderson and said at about the same time, "Are you going to answer her question?"

"I'm not sure why it's my place to answer anything. Jane's the one who brought it up and contacted him before we figured out whether we wanted to or not. I'm still waiting to see what Jane has to say."

Shana sighed. "What's the big secret everybody is tiptoeing around?"

"There's no big secret," assured Jane. "Earlier this evening, we discussed how we were going to help you get your painting back. Somebody suggested, I think it was Drew that we needed to figure out exactly why this painting is so important to this Morozov man. He asked if we knew anybody who could get information from the Russian Mafia. That's where Jeremy comes in. He's an undercover cop for the NYCPD. He might know somebody who's undercover or knows something about them."

"It seems we also discussed that Jeff might be able to help us too," offered Helen.

"Oh my!' Shana pushed her plate away and leaned back in her chair. "What you're talking about is way too dangerous. I won't allow any of it."

"Calm down." Anderson's eyes met hers. "I'm not going to allow anybody to be in harm's way." He paused. "I have a feeling Morozov isn't interested in the painting for the aesthetics. I think he's somehow using this painting for pushing his business. I'm not sure how or what. I was hoping somebody could help us figure it out."

"If that's the case, maybe he could use a different painting and give yours back." Jane smiled.

Anderson tilted his head. "There's no way that's going to happen." He chuckled and changed his voice. "Excuse me, Mr. Russian Mafia man. Would you please give my painting back and use another one to push your drugs, money laundering, or human trafficking? I promise I won't tell. I just want my family's painting back."

"I don't see this as a laughing matter." Shana took a drink.

Philip nodded toward Shana. "She's right. It's not funny." He faced Jane. "Drew makes a lot of sense. We're not dealing with nice people."

"Okay, you're probably right, but..."

"There are not buts in this," interrupted Anderson. "If we're not careful we could all be in serious danger. That's why I wanted time to consider our options." He took a bite of stir-fry vegetables and chewed before he continued, "Philip, set a meeting with Jeff at 11:00 in the morning." He glanced at Jane. "See if Jeremy can come over for coffee at 2:00. I need to fly to D.C. around 5:00."

"Do you want to drive to the airport or take the helicopter?" asked Philip.

"Under the circumstances, I think the helicopter. Have the pilot here by 4:45."

Shana stared at her plate. "This is way too much trouble for a painting."

"I guess it's time we decide what we're going to do next." Anderson set his fork down.

"I hope this 'we' includes me." Shana's eyes met Anderson's.




Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her families painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident

Ben -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Morozov -- owner of the painting 'Winter-Traum' by Bruno Schmidt

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.




Recognized


Thank you Google Images for an image of a penthouse patio. I appreciate all of your reviews and the help and support you give me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.