Romance Fiction posted March 5, 2017 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Anderson and his friends work on a plan.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Sechs part zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

"That part's true." Anderson moved the chair closer to the desk and picked up an ink pen. "This painting must be important to Morzov for more than artistic or monetary value. We need to find out what that is."

"Any ideas?" Philip chuckled. "I guess there's not enough time to put a mole in his organization."

"I don't know anybody who has that kind of pull."

Philip raised his eyebrows. "Between the four of us, I bet we do know somebody. Ask Jane and Helen to come in." He thought for a moment. "I'll speak with Jeff. He may be our best shot."

"We'll talk with him first thing in the morning." Anderson called the two women. Jane and Helen are on their way."

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 6 part 2

It didn't take long for Jane and Helen to enter the den. They both hustled to a chair. Jane's eyes met Anderson's. "I can't wait to find out what you need us to do."

"I don't need you to do anything." Anderson shook his head. "When have I ever put either of you in danger?"

"Oh good, we get to have an adventure." Helen's eyebrows lifted and her eyes grew wide.

"You better tell them why they're here before they burst with anticipation." Philip grinned.

"All I need is some information." Anderson scooted his chair in, leaned over his desk, and whispered, "Do either of you know anybody in the Russian mafia or who could get information from them?"

"You're asking a lot." Helen put her forearms on the arms of the chair and adjusted her position. "And you don't need to whisper. These walls don't have ears." She waved her hands at the walls. "If we did know anybody, I'm pretty sure they'd rather die than give us any information."

"My second-cousin twice removed on my mother's side is a NYPD undercover cop. He may know somebody who can help. One of his buddies might know something. I'll give him a call." Jane searched the contacts in her cell.

"Wait a minute." Anderson held up his hand. "Second-cousin twice removed? How close are you and when's the last time you spoke with him? Wouldn't he think it's strange you calling him out of the blue?"

"No, not really. We're family." Jane tilted her head. "Do you want me to call him or not?"

"Let me think about it." Anderson looked at Philip. "What do you think?"

"I think we need to sit on this, at least until tomorrow. I think a game of pool is in order." Philip stood and walked toward the door. "Jane, we'll let you know in the morning."

"I agree. You rack. I'm right behind you." Anderson followed, but stopped and glanced at the two ladies. "Those two..."

Jane stared at her phone. "I guess we wait. I'm going to my room. They can play pool and think all night."

"I'm with you." Helen glanced at her watch. "If I'm needed to heat dinners, they'll call. My favorite show comes on in ten minutes anyway."

*****
"What do you think about talking to Jane's twice removed second-cousin?" Anderson readied his cue. "Don't forget to let Jeff know we want to talk with him in the morning."

"I won't." Philip watched his friend line up the shot. "I think Jane's relative is an option we can't turn down."

"Two-ball in the corner pocket." After Anderson hit the cue-ball and missed the shot, he said, "I guess this is bothering me more than I care to admit." He turned toward Philip. "Your turn. I'll ask Jane to have her relative come talk to us at his earliest convenience."

"I think that's best. Maybe he'll have an angle we haven't thought about." Philip studied the table. "Twelve-ball in the side pocket." He aimed, and the ball went in." He stood and faced Anderson. "I'm wondering if Shana isn't getting to you more than her problem."

"Don't be silly. I'm always willing to help people." Anderson set his jaw. "Are you going to take your next shot or gossip like an old lady?"

"I hit a nerve. Fourteen-ball in the corner pocket." Philip aimed his shot and then looked up as Romeo walked in. "Drew." He nodded toward the dog.

Axel and Thor left Anderson's side and went over to greet Romeo. Behind Romeo was a fully dressed Shana.

"Shana, I thought you'd gone to bed." Anderson stared at her.





Recognized


Thank you Google Images for an image of a pool game. I appreciate all of your reviews and the help and support you give me. I'm listing this under romance because it is a romance, but those of you who have previously followed me know my romances are more than just romance, this novel will have suspense as an underlying theme.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.