Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 24, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Philosophy of age...

Shades of Grey

by fairydancer


Imagine if we could live to the age of 1000 years (whilst still retaining our marbles, and even our bodily functions!)

Imagine the things we would see... do... create... destroy... witness... think about.

Imagine what we could learn
...if we were open to it.

Imagine what we could teach, or reach, or be.

Imagine how easy it would be to drown in a well of self-pity... get lost in a desert of apathy... fall off the mountainside of self-doubt.

Imagine how conceited, arrogant and stand-offish we would seem to the then, truly young, when we seem to ignore their grand schemes, or "new" ideas, or their first pleas of true love.

Imagine how awe-inspiring we might seem to those just starting their journey of spiritual awareness, with our calm reactions to what seem like life or death situations to those trying to release themselves from ambition; or, with our empathic instincts to what is not seen by those still partially blind to the  meaning of truth.

Imagine how many mistakes we would have made
...and imagine how many mistakes we could learn to forgive others for, and even ourselves.

Imagine all the skills we would have learned
...and all those we had forgotten.

Imagine all the lives we could touch
..all those we could have, but did not
...all those we could not
...and all those we did not want to touch ours.


Imagine how short a year would feel when you had lived 999 of them.

Imagine how many more you would want to live if you could
...or how many you could choose not to.

Imagine still realising that although you have accumulated the experience, knowledge and wisdom of over 12 normal lifetimes, that you still know nothing in the big scheme of things
...because now you know that there is even more you can know.

Imagine realising that no matter how much pain you have felt, how much you have endured, how much you have struggled; that there are still more things which can make you feel pain again.

Imagine how much you would feel
...how much you would have wanted not to
...and yet, how much more you would still want to.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fairydancer All rights reserved.
fairydancer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.