General Poetry posted February 19, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a poem of emotion

air of despair

by judester

Feelings Contest Winner 
An air of despair
of sadness and loss.
Life fabric tears
in cultures that cross.

like harvesting ghosts
these workers unseen,
from prairie to coast
picking cabbage and beans

America's truth
from this new demand,
I don't see our youth
working the land

Now field yields are low
the foreigners gone,
the fruit rots in rows....
their visas withdrawn.













Writing Prompt
Write a poem sharing an emotional feeling about something such as: life, death, war, injustice, marriage,loneliness, loss, hope, laughter, or a subject that might not be listed. Express an emotion such as fear, anxiety, love, hate, disgust, indifference, etc.

Feelings
Contest Winner


Rounding up peaceful Mexicans that have been working hard and paying taxes for years, is not a clever move. Can you seriously see today's youth harvesting and working as diligently as these Mexicans, that were happy to work hard to send money home and pay US taxe? Even if their entry was dubious, there is a better way than ripping them from their life here.
In Vermont, on the dairy farms, they hire Mexicans, many local kids do not want to work the family farms and it is hard, long work. I worry about this and Trump's reckless disregard for the people that provide food for America's table.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.