Horror and Thriller Poetry posted January 24, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A woman of no importance can spoil all and create turmoil...

What pours from her

by Meia (MESAYERS)

What pours from you is vinegar and vitriol.







nothing fine or high, at all.







You are more than you should ever be,







or ever will.







You sicken me.















So full of gloat and glut,







like slowly spoiling fruit-







and still you rut.







And yet so many like me, you have cut.















The summer pudding of your womb







still spills red juices, month by month







and so,







though you are gnarled and wasted,







under that cheap whitewash, daily painted.















The clown-faced reflection on the back of a spoon,







that still allows you to







proudly stroke your ever-crinkling throat,







and preen and croon,







and hold the smoky lying mirror to your face















and see, that







fecund you still may be-







and with that,







my darkest nightmare would come true.







That the world might be plagued







with another you.
Image result for woman with rotting skin under a mask



Recognized


A poem which is based on many unpleasant characters I have met, and many Historical ones also. But hatred leads to the person who feels it corrupting their OWN soul as the canker eats away at not just the person being discussed, but the writer also. I was also thinking of faded Queens such as Mary Tudor and Queen Elizabeth the 1st. I am actually not hating on anyone, it is an amalgamation of many women that I have met, and historical women for example, Mary Tudor, who was wicked and barren....but she was probably made wicked by her fathers shocking treatment of her. Elizabeth is another woman who this reminds me of. I am glad they were not able to carry on their wretched line. Both treasured their looks but I imagined Queen Elizabeth the first preening with her bald head, pockmarked and wrinkled face, rotten teeth, by the age of forty she was hideous, and yet she made her courtiers lie about her beauty, painters had to paint her to look twenty or thirty years younger etc. She wore lead and lye makeup which rotted her face, made her go bald and she had smallpox marks and black rotten teeth which she rubbed with sugar and honey. Luckily hatred is not really my thing. I was writing as another person as I so often do. I really cannot hold a grudge, so please understand this is not me being vicious, though my character may be seething with hate. Thanks for reading. Meia.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Meia (MESAYERS) All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Meia (MESAYERS) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.