Writing Non-Fiction posted December 6, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Thank you GaliaG for the great picture.

The Red Jacket

by Teri7

When I write things about the blessings in my life I know there may be some that think I make this stuff up, but no way! God is so good to me every day of my life. I will praise Him always.

This started out when I was blessed with so many clothes from a lady in our church. There were several boxes of very nice tops, some pajamas, pants and jackets. When I got home I was so happy and excited. I know some would think it would be because I was going to try all of them on for myself, but that was not the case.

As I was looking at each piece of clothing in my mind I had different ones my mind that might need some too.

There was one particular young lady that really didn't have a lot of money. She always came to church with some of the church people when her mother was working. Her name is Dena. A very pretty young lady with a lot of artistic talent. I remember she drew me a picture of a flower one time and gave to me. Her mother works at the local Goodwill store. Most of their clothes come from Goodwill, which is not a bad thing as they have some great clothes there too.

I said all this to give you some background on why it was on my mind. I remember coming home from church one night and in my heart I felt like I needed to do something to help Dena get a good coat. Tom, my husband, and I don't have loads of money, but we do try to help others when we can. I am sure most of you know that a lot of our money goes toward Greyson, our grandson! I guess you could say we do spoil him a little!

Months had passed and I had put that thought out of my mind until it happened to be very cold that evening. I looked up at my clothes hanging above me and saw this burgundy jacket. Keep in mind I hadn't even put it on. I have a very good coat that's been with me many years now and I do love it.

I talked with Tom about it and told him my feelings about giving it to Dena. He was all for that. The next Sunday we took the coat to church with us and gave it to Dena after the service. You would have thought we had given her and her mother a million dollars by the big smile on their faces and all the hugs.

It brought tears to my eyes to think that something like that could mean so much to someone and God allowed me to be a part of making someone so happy!

We both try to help others whenever we can and it does feel so good. In return we are truly blessed abundantly. I just wanted to share this with you all! God bless each and everyone of you!


Written by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2016



Recognized


This is a heartfelt story I have written. One day I will tell the story of my name. Is it Teri or Teresa?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.