General Fiction posted November 17, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A very nice man. A troubled young woman.

Fr Brown

by Heather Knight

'My mother was a vile woman,' I said.

Father Brown looked at me like he always did. Eyes big and round with shock.

I enjoyed upsetting him. He was such a cuddly man... Those were my favourite ... the nicest ones made the best victims.

'Don't say that, April.'

I laughed cruelly. I didn't care anymore. I had to make the most of the time I had left.

'It's true. Do you know how many men she slept with when I was little? And she did it with me in the house. I could hear everything...'

Father Brown scratched his chin thoughtfully. It was his urticaria, whenever he got nervous he got a skin rash.

'So, are you sure you don't want to confess?' he asked me after a while. 'It would do you good.'

'No, thanks, Father. I'm sure there's a toasty place in hell with my name on it.'

He flinched and sighed. Then he sat down. He was exhausted. I exhausted him. It was so much fun!

I finally heard the noise I had been expecting for the past twenty minutes. The metal door opened and a guard stood outside my door.

'Do you want me to stay?' Father Brown asked me.

'I don't care either way,' I said. Despite myself, my hands had started to tremble and a cold sweat drenched my lower back.

Shuddering, I realized I was about to find out if they said 'dead man walking' for a woman. Or was it 'dead woman walking'?


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.