Romance Fiction posted October 30, 2016 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Character list, plot, and settings

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Working Notes of New Book

by barbara.wilkey


Characters: The good guys:

Her family tree:

Shana Kohlberg -- Jewish for beautiful She's an English literature teacher at Richwood High School in Peoria, Illinois, where she was born and raised. She's twenty-five years old, birthday April 16, 1991. Shana graduated from Bradley University. She lives in a one bedroom apartment and has weekly Sabbath dinner with her parents.

Benjamin Kohlberg -- Shana's father He teaches static and dynamic loads at Bradley University's school of Civil Engineering. He was born in Chicago, Illinois on August 2, 1966.

Eliana Kohlberg -- Shana's mother A housewife/mother born in Schaumburg, Illinois on February 21, 1968.

Aaron Kohlberg -- Shana's older brother He was born in Peoria, Illinois, December 27 1989. He's very protective of Shana and studied medicine at University of Illinois, Peoria Campus. He's finishing his residency.

Hannah Kohlberg -- Shana's paternal grandmother She lives with them and was born March 18, 1945, just before WWII ended September 2, 1945. She's seventy-one years old. Her husband, David, died in 2013. They were married forty-eight years.

Elijah Kohlberg -- Shana's great grandfather -- Hannah's father-in-law was born in Frankfurt Am Main, Germany in 1925. His wife, Ruth, was born in Munich, Germany in 1927.

Haim Kohlberg -- Shana's great, great grandfather Elijah's father was born in Frankfurt Am Main, Germany in 1902. He taught Literature at the Universitat Frankfurt Am Main. He was an art collector, not only paintings but sculptures and jewelry. He and his wife, Avigail, brought his young family to the US in 1931 as the economic crisis continued to get worse and the Nazi party became strong enough to take over the University system. Unable to bring his artwork with him, he left the paintings and sculptors with his brother, Tomas. They hid them in a large locked wall safe in Tomas' house.

Tomas Kohlberg made the decision to remain in Germany, believing it wouldn't get THAT bad. He was sent to Dachau during Kristallnacht -- in the middle of the night November 9, 1938. There he died.

The Kohlberg families migrated to New York City by ocean liner for about $188, now about $4000.

Eliana Glassberg Kohlberg's family emigrated from Germany in February of 1933, after President Paul von Hindenburg appointed Hitler Chancellor.

Shana's maternal grandparents have died.

His family:

Anderson Sharp -- Often called 'Drew', works part-time on Wall Street. His family has billionaire status from oil wells dating back to 1906. He's thirty-one years old and born on July 20, 1986 in Austin, TX. He drives a black F-Type SVR Convertible (Jaguar) and wears cowboy boots with his Armani suits. Anderson owns three German Shepherds; Axel -- God, the father, Thor -- Thunder, and Romeo -- seducer, lover

Michael Sharp -- Anderson's dad He's fifty-five and born on May 12, 1961.

Susan Sharp -- Anderson's mom She's fifty-two and born on November 10, 1964.

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter There's a custody battle going on with his ex-wife, Patricia.

Peter Sharp -- Anderson's uncle. From Peter, Anderson inherited famous paintings.

Both sets of grandparents are still alive and live in Austin.

The bad guys:

Descendants of former Nazis who want to retain their priceless art collections.

Three men in black suits wearing sunglasses.

Plot as we know it today:

During spring vacation while visiting the New York City Art Museum, Shana discovered a painting and two sculptures that had been stolen from her family by the Nazi's during WWII. Upon returning to Peoria, she found the original verification that her ancestors had purchased them and hid them while leaving Germany. She also found proof that the artwork had been given to Tomas.

Settings:

Summer break -- mid-June 2016

Metropolitan Museum of Art -- 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York City. It has over 5,000 years of art from around the word.

Anderson's Penthouse -- 1 Bloomberg Tower/One Beacon Court. The penthouse is nine thousand square feet with six bedrooms with six and a half bathrooms. The private guest wing is larger than most New York City single apartments. He employees a butler, cook, and maid.

Anderson's Austin, Texas home -- The home has six bedroom and seven bathrooms. The house measures 15,394 square feet and sits on 710,900 square feet of land. The home over-looks Lake Travis with a private boat dock.

Shalom:

Shalom -- a Hebrew word meaning peace, harmony, completeness, prosperity, and welfare and can be used idiomatically to mean both hello and goodbye. As it does in English, it can refer to either peace between two entities (especially between man and God or between two countries), or to the well-being, welfare or safety of an individual or a group of individuals.

Shabbat -- is the cornerstone of Jewish Time. It's the only day of the week with a Hebrew name; the rest are merely numbered in relation to the Sabbath.

Quick synopsis of the story -- Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?



Recognized


Thank you Google Images for a photo of a Star of David necklace. This will become very important throughout the novel. This post isn't an actual portion of the novel, and will not be included in the novel, but notes that I'll be working on and tweaking as the story unfolds. I'm sure my characters will take you and me places I haven't even considered at this point. Next week I'll post part one of the first chapter. Already Shana is trying to tell me she wants a cat. No way can she have a cat. She'll be too mobile for a cat. LOL
I know this will be hard to review. Regular sentence structure, etc, doesn't apply to notes. Thank you for reading and I hope this story is one you will want to follow.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.