Writing Fiction posted September 18, 2016 Chapters:  ...60 61 -62- 63... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fanstory contest entry

A chapter in the book From out of the Grayness

My most prized posession

by His Grayness


The touch of her hair is softer
Than my fingers in warm butter
Her tiny black eyes send more
Grip than a pipe wrench
The tilt of her beautiful little head
Has more voice than a church choir
The wiggle of her tiny tail is more
Joyful than a morning butterfly
The pitter patter of her tiny paws
Offer more delight than my piano keys
When she licks my face in kissy thanks
To say I LOVE YOU
I grasp the full understanding of pure
GRATITUDE: For she is indeed my own
Guardian Angel and INDEED: My most
Prized Possession!

This amazing 5lb creature (a Teacup Yorkie) is the most cherished and amazing possession I have, or have ever had. She takes me for walks each day and on each stroll, records the entire doggie DNA from over 3,500 stones, 15,000 bush and tree leaves, 5,00 sidewalk segments, and 11 local fire hydrants. She determinedly delivers her own DNA signatures for other neighborhood creatures to contemplate in reasonably accessible locations within the territory, in mutual respect.

Her name is Bitsy and she has been featured before on Fanstory as "The Ultimate G-Spot" and lays patiently at my side each day as I read, write, and contemplate the dimensions of my Gratitude for which she is so deeply responsible. Bitsy considers me to be her personal responsibility and all manners of my daily (and nightly) disciplines are under her watchful and unforgivable supervision. These include such things as: (but not limited to) escorting her to the courtyard for certain biological necessities, Assuring that her food dish and water bowl are full at the appropriate feeding times and also at such emergencies when spinning about the kitchen are indicative of a TREAT-SHORTAGE-EMERGENCY.

At night, sleep and rest can only be properly assured if the pillows are in proper position to allow her to rest on them and still gain access to me, the free human heater which she deeply appreciates. When any type of unusual noise is picked up by her ever-tilted lovely ears, she lets me know with a respectful but alarming growl, that it's time to become responsible and get moving to evaluate the possible risk event.

Morning is always a lovely ballet event with copious spinning and hopping around the patio door to advise there is a private event required on the opposite side of the door, which must be opened within less than 30 seconds flat! Then, she monitors my shower activity from the soft rug under my sink to assure that I'm not wasting time that should be dedicated to her services.

When riding in the car, her head is always pointed at me to assure that my driving is being done with appropriate concentration and skills and when her right paw reaches the console, it signals a time for rest and relaxation is necessary at the nearest park. Special plastic bags and treats are unpacked for the event and all is well unless there are any other puppies in the area that require proper introductions, sniffing and approvals. Once completed, I'm permitted to resume my drive to wherever, until the console is once again met with the soft but impatient paw.

Evening takes us to the park to visit all the friends and neighbor puppies that require sniffing certifications to be approved before play begins. After two hours of running for treats and of course, the obligatory "deposits" to the park fertilization fund, we move on home to a boring, but understandable cleanup,and off to say our evening prayers of deep GRATITUDE for this beautiful Angel, (working under the disguise of a soft, tiny, beautiful little teacup Yorkie!)






There is a binary connection between LOVE and GRATITUDE, as their energies indeed do co-mingle in so many ways. The pure, unconditional love of my puppy "Bitsy" is not unlike that of most all dogs that can offer us such a wonderfully "sustainable" state of GRATITUDE in our lives....if we just pay attention to their "so precious" value of love!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. His Grayness All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
His Grayness has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.