General Fiction posted August 18, 2016 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 200 word story

A chapter in the book Short

Typing On This @&?&!!#%@! Phone

by Bill Schott


The parking lot was like a puzzle board that had been put together quickly. It now had a few openings that would have attempts made to fill, but would be a wrong fit and left open.

I had found one of these slots that allowed my car to fit into, but not provide room enough to actually exit the vehicle.

Being stuck here, and waiting on my wife to shop for ten minutes (with her it's the announced time multiplied by six), I decided to write a short story on my smart phone.

I'm not like my kids, who type with their thumbs like they're playing 'Wipe Out' on the key pad. I need to hunt and peck each letter and punctuation mark out like someone playing Whack-a-mole with his index finger. The moles have few worries as I typically spend more time hitting the adjacent letter, hitting backspace, hitting the same wrong letter again and muttering expletives that eventually become audible through my closed windows and across the parking lot.

I had decided to write a two-hundred-word short story. I was going to call it, My First Year As a Jarhead. Instead, though, it will be called, Typing On This @&?&!!#%@! Phone 

 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.