General Fiction posted July 16, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Answer please

Twenty Questions

by jusylee72

Why didn't someone stop me? 

I can tell you.  

You won't like the answer.  

There were many who could have changed fate.   The simple truth is they were afraid.   Rightfully so.  They knew this was no ordinary battle.  I am not an ordinary person. 

My Mother was the first.  She could have stopped me.  She was the first to recognize my genius.  I was not her first child. She knew I was different, strange.  Yet, Mommy loved me.  She knew from a young age I was dangerous to others.  She knew about the tortured animals.  How could she admit it?   She had to believe I could be alright.  

Before I tell you more, let's play an ancient game.  Twenty Questions.  

Yes and no answers only. 

I will give you the first question.  

"Am I the Devil?"

"No, please don't equate me with religion.  I am indeed human." 

Second question.

Oh, you came up with a clever one.  I wouldn't have thought of that one.  Interesting. 

"Do you know you are evil?"

How do I answer?    According to your definition, I am evil.  I have tortued animals. I have killed people.   I have admired the top ten list of evil people.  I looked it up on the internet.  

I was surprised when Stalin beat Hitler in the rankings.  Then I had the pleasure of reading about some extrodinary women.
 
Delphine LaLaurie , Ilse Koch, Jiang Qing - All women I would have married and at the same time feared.

But am I evil?   

Which animal is evil? 

If a snake kills a rat to feed its hunger, is that evil?   If a lion kills a zebra, is that evil?  If a man kills an intruder in his house is that evil?   He is protecting his family.  

If I kill for pleasure, that might make me evil.

One of the definitions of evil is wrong doing.  Who decides if what I do is wrong?  

My beliefs.

Therefore, if my religion, another word for beliefs, says I must kill nonbelievers then I am not evil.  I am righteous. God will reward me for your death.   

I applaud you. You have me thinking.  

Earlier, I asked you to not confuse me with the devil.  

Now I have another idea.   I can use religion and not be evil.  I can be righteous.  I can enjoy killing.  I can become powerful.  I can kill your chlldren and know that I have rid the world of imbeciles.   

You are too weak to fight me.   You believe in good.  You believe you can even save someone like me.  

Question three

I am changing the rules.  That is part of who I am. I don't always play fair.  This is a question for you instead of me.   

I know you are weak.  I already know the answer to my question.  I am laughing as I ask it.  

Remember, evil forges forward.  Goodness hesitates.

Here it is. 

Are you willing to kill me? 














"







 



Why didn't someone stop me? writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story beginning with the words "Why didn't someone stop me?" Beyond the opening lines there are no rules. Maximum word count is 500 words.

Recognized


Please do not think that this is me. The problem with terrorists is that we don't understand how they think. Sometimes we wait too long to react while trying to understand them.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jusylee72 All rights reserved.
jusylee72 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.