General Fiction posted July 16, 2016 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a flash fiction story

A chapter in the book Short

Chenk Ru Sul Noppo

by Bill Schott


A dusting of colorful, micro-cut pieces of plastic alighted on Abbott's body, as he lay in repose on the steps of city hall. The mosquito net he wore over his head prevented the tiny, sparkling sprinklets from getting in his eyes or mouth.

The celebration outside the seat of local government was off to a good start, as the dozen or so revellers threw handfuls of confetti and shouted "CHENK RU SUL NOPPO!"

Abbott rose from his supine position and smiled. The assault of the drone fleas had been crushed, and the few people responsible for the vanquishing were here with him, at the headquarters of the vector czar.

Having changed the screening percentages on the world shield, Abbott and his friends had been able to starve the lab-created mites, which had drawn power from the unchecked rays allowed through the global dome.

"Ornlakka heemoss britteven," said Abbott, smiling. "Nuppyeg yin yosho wook."

Everyone agreed and began disrobing.



 




How important is the dialog?

This story connects to the 5-7-5, Flea Busters
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.