General Poetry posted June 9, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Miracles still Happen (please read authors note before reading poem)

Brelynn

by Dr. Nad

Your parents so longed to have you.
Mom started watching for the signs.
Dad began to get excited,
your home braced for giggles and whines.
 
The doctor said you weren’t coming.
Your father just didn’t agree,
and mother said “it’s up to God.”
That’s when they turned down surgery.
 
Those parents of yours got clever.
When they knew their babe was en route.
They fashioned unique announcements
tailored to make grandparents shout.
 
Relatives were given a task,
that was so hard to complete.
No one was allowed to announce
until uncle Jadon; how sweet!
 
Fifty people came to party,
they all had one thing on their mind.
It was called a gender reveal,
what color balloons would we find?
 
At this point it’s pins and needles,
arrival could be any day.
As a family we unite,
asking God to bless you. We pray!
 

 



You're having a grand child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Most people describe happy moments simply. In reality, they are complicated. We cry at weddings. Why? Because we are happy for them. If we are older there is another reason. They picked the person who is going to help them through life. No life is uncomplicated. This person has to be the one who will love them through the difficult times, not just the celebration of the wedding. We so hope that the choice is right.
Now, we are becoming Grand Parents. What a joy. What a big step in life. Before the world became so mobile, our children lived down the street. Our grand children could walk to our house. Now we sometimes live thousands of miles from the grand children we want to know. We talk to them on face time and hope that they know who we are as they grow up and we see them a couple times a year. Write about yourself as a grand parent, whether you are nearby or far away, that little face that looks like a child you remember. Just write.

Recognized


Our Daughter is due to have their first child in two weeks!
A huge thank you goes out to BrooklynMyra of fanart review for her marvelous picture entitled, appropriately: "Almost born"

Since I've been asked by readers if I know the gender of our pending grandchild, the answer is yes, Brelynn is a girl!

I've also been asked about the changing of font and bolding certain words. When I listen to other people read this poem before posting, they seem to have problems with the flow because their emphasis was not on the right words. When the emphasis was placed on the bold words the flow for the first time reader dramatically improved.

The phrase "en route" is sometimes pronounced "root" & other times "rout"

The Rhyming Scheme is ABCB.
The Syllable Count is 8 Per Line.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dr. Nad All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dr. Nad has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.