General Poetry posted April 25, 2016 Chapters:  ...399 401 -402- 403... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Tritina

A chapter in the book Little Poems

A Book

by Treischel





Open up a new world, when you travel in a book.
As did Alice, through her famous looking glass.
Catch the emotion when Cinderella lost her shoe.

When you read a tale resolved around a crystal shoe,
Life never becomes boring in any handy book.
So optimistically, you'll perceive a half-filled glass.

For time will seem to fly, at the turning hour glass,
With your outlook as shiny as a newly polished shoe,
Where there's knowledge and adventure found in every book.

A tapping shoe, a tipping glass, eyes within a book.






A book is like a journey in your mind. I try to keep them at hand.

For this format, I randomly selected three words by looking around me, then wrote this poem using them. The three words are: glass, book, and shoe. I hope you enjoy this little exercise in poetry.

This poem is a Tritina.
A Tritina, which is a shorter cousin to the Sestina, involves using three, three-line stanzas (Tercets), and a final concluding line, for a total of 10 lines. Rather than rhyming, the three "end words" are used to conclude the lines of each stanza, in a set interweaving pattern of: ABC, CAB, BCA,
and all three end words must appear together in the final line.
Neither Tritina nor Sestina require a specific meter or line length, although 10 syllables is the most commonly used.
It is not rhymed. However, if you choose words that rhyme, you get a rhyming poem that interweaves the rhyme sequence.
For this poem I chose 13 syllables in variable meter, unrhymed.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on April 25, 2016, of one of his bookshelves.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.