General Non-Fiction posted April 24, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Missing my beloved cat.

Remembering Tasi

by prettybluebirds


Tasi came into my life twelve years ago. My friend was moving to Tennessee and I was caring for her animals while she made the trips from Michigan to Tennessee. It was a short distance between our homes and I often walked across the fields when I went to feed her horses, dogs, and cats.

My friend wasn't much of a cat person and didn't take the best care of her barn cats. One calico never got enough to eat so I took food for her and fed her separate.

One morning the calico was sitting on our porch; she must have followed me home. I took her in the house and fed her. She was so happy she spun around in circles and rolled all the rugs up. Thus, the name, Tasi, after Tasmanian Devil.

My girlfriend never came to get her so I spayed Tasi and she lived a happy life with me all these many years. She was a beautiful cat.

Recently, Tasi became sick and the diagnosis was terminal cancer. Two days ago I took Tasi for her last ride and told her goodbye while the vet administered the fatal shot. I will miss Tasi forever.



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.

Recognized


I always hate to lose one of my cats. It is like losing a member of the family. It is one of the hardest things to do when I take them for their final ride.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by suzannethompson2 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.